Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road trip illinois 3 days

sube

20220322_132214.jpg

First hunt of the year . Since my ground is still frozen went on a road trip started in northern illinois found 3 sivers and some wheats ground was still froze from 3 to 7 inches top 3 was thawed so farther south i went . Different settings opened it up most coins were with iron as can be seen from the staining on the silver .
The half floored me like what i mostly find dimes 67 wheats 13 dimes 1 half 2 buffs and a indian .
I'm 66 that ctx let's me swing 6 hours a day my friend was using a 800 found 25 wheats 3 silvers 3 buffs 2 indians and 2 silver rings .
The ctx is a 10 year old boat anchor that just keeps producing we compared signals the nox was blind to many targets the ctx would id some he got no id some he got random numbers that's why i swing the anchor i also have a 800 don't have much use for it except nugget hunting .
All the new machine i see don't hold a candle to the ctx if a lighter machine came like the ctx with more speed which you don't need where i hunt modern (Thrash ) i would buy but till i see it i will still hunt with the ctx .
All the videos i see with the detector coming of iron say it hits it but no ID hitting it and knowing what it is the game in modern thrash till i see that then i will change for my poor arms sake .Arrived home ground still froze at least i got to loot someone else's back yard lol . sube

Are u still primarily using the 6"? There are some some really good machines that are unbelievably quick and light that can pull them out but the problems is that beyond a few inches in this kinds of trash they cant recognize a good target on a screen. Since ML is unable to even tell me what is affecting mine, I'm going to have to make the difficult decision as to weather to bite the bullet & invest in a new unit or learn a new smf machine. I do have it on good authority that the new ML coming out will not be a 3030 Lite:)

Nice road trip with results.

I'm also very happy using that old boat anchor of a detector. My shoulder would rather I use the nox. I get results with the boat anchor.

LTdigger did you send your ctx into minelab and still they could not find out what was wrong if ? .If so then instead of buying new wait for a new release or get a used one .As for coil size i was using the stock coil ids better when iron is under the coil close to targets by this meaning the 6 well have that same nail under the outside bar of the coil the same time as it is on the center bar a no go but on the 11 as long as you don't have a target at the same time on outside bar and center bar it's game on go's for the 17 also.
Where the 6 shines is when you have to many targets on the outside bars of the bigger coils there by making a no go.
Finally got some batts for the go pro well post settings and make another vid explaining this sube

Sube i've had it in the shop at least 4 times to no avail. Basically it maintains the threshhold tone, but shortly after swinging begins to stop giving an elevated tone when I hit at object. Then nothing works, reset, on/off nothing. They offered to replace mother boards but could about pay for a new one for that(would at least like to know what is causing it). Finally went directly to ML and got more detailed questions but never got responses from them either. Someone I know has assured me that a new release probably will not be forthcoming and has offered a good deal on a new one but I'm not sure. In some ways nothing better out there but like a Mercedes, over engineered and prone to mechanical failure, just a joy when it its not acting up.

Sube i've had it in the shop at least 4 times to no avail. Basically it maintains the threshhold tone, but shortly after swinging begins to stop giving an elevated tone when I hit at object. Then nothing works, reset, on/off nothing. They offered to replace mother boards but could about pay for a new one for that(would at least like to know what is causing it). Finally went directly to ML and got more detailed questions but never got responses from them either. Someone I know has assured me that a new release probably will not be forthcoming and has offered a good deal on a new one but I'm not sure. In some ways nothing better out there but like a Mercedes, over engineered and prone to mechanical failure, just a joy when it its not acting up.
Do you know anyone with the same machine? Maybe you can try swapping out the battery and see if that is the problem.

That's a good idea. I have a good friend who is is not using his a lot now who will probably loan me his. We even thought the WM10 might be dropping the tone but then realized the problem had something to do with the internal speaker. Even a wrist watch rubbed under any coil will only produce a faint response. Thanks a lot.