Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road trip iowa

sube

Got out for 5 days (HOT) detected 3 days 95 degrees 91 had to take breaks just miserable. Found a seated dime the back is wiped 1851 how long was this circulating came in at 12.40 solid both ways .My friend check with nox he said he got nothing but random #s and tones said why are you digging I said maybe a wheat but I was leaning to a screw cap 6 inches down. Had a 1899 Vicky at 8 inches solid 12.43 he check with the nox random #s tone all over the place he said he would not dig it .Same with a 9 inch deep 1910 wheat. The barber half 1896 s was 5 inches on edge under a tree under same tree a Kennedy half 6 feet away also 5 inches ? Dah .Found 3 1916d penny's to bad they were not dimes . Some silver rings and metals also found a stainless ring eyeballed came in at 12.01 lol would not dig that. 50 plus wheat. Friend found 3 barber dimes and a 1968 40 percent half 3 inches deep at a fairgrounds gate why was it there lol.Seen several people hunting the parks and fairgrounds we visited .Left my shovel somewhere in iowa dah.Coins were good heat sucked . Planing another trip when it gets cooler.Hope you guys got out sube

Attachments

• 20220516_152831.jpg
    20220516_152831.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
sube...Where did you hunt in Iowa? I was out a bit his weekend and got some green wheat cents and clad. I am in N.E. Iowa...

That's a nice group of coins and other misc. finds. Some people will see a pile of finds like that and say "why can't I find stuff like that". As you stated ,it was 5 days hunting in heat and miserable conditions. It's not as easy as some people think. Nice hunting and congrats on some nice finds.

Sweet hunt.

That's why I sold my nox. It found silver, but also missed silver that the ctx/etrac would zoom right in on, and not vice versa.

If I sell my ctx, it is because of weight, not performance.

I dig everything 12 40 and up. Thought I was digging a penny with the ctx and out popped a Peace dollar. Heart attack city....

My Dad grew up in the Rockford/Charles City area, the family moved out to Idaho in 1936. The family farm is still in “the family” and if we can afford to get back there I’ve got permission to go play. Would be nostalgic to find a pre 36 coin and know that maybe it was my Dad’s or Grandpa’s at one time. Someday……
Heat or cold, cornfield or no cornfield, that was some good finds!!!!!

That’s a great looking and hard earned pile Mike! People like to ask “WHY are you still using that thing when there are better and lighter machines now?” Well, at least they got one part right….😃
Major PROPS on some great hunting through the misery.
Kevin

Our weather has finally tempered off a bit. pretty rough hunting I would agree. Your partners comparisons remind me of a guy I was hunting with. I called him over to listen to a target I was about to dig, his only comment was I don't know about that one I wouldn't dig it. He had only made it 10 feet away when I had a 3 cent silver in my hand, in his defense there were two square nails in the pile as well so not a clean target by any means it just had that sound. And I got called a mother f#@@er LOL
We were both swinging 800's set up exactly the same way, go figure.
HH Jeff

Got out for 5 days (HOT) detected 3 days 95 degrees 91 had to take breaks just miserable. Found a seated dime the back is wiped 1851 how long was this circulating came in at 12.40 solid both ways .My friend check with nox he said he got nothing but random #s and tones said why are you digging I said maybe a wheat but I was leaning to a screw cap 6 inches down. Had a 1899 Vicky at 8 inches solid 12.43 he check with the nox random #s tone all over the place he said he would not dig it .Same with a 9 inch deep 1910 wheat. The barber half 1896 s was 5 inches on edge under a tree under same tree a Kennedy half 6 feet away also 5 inches ? Dah .Found 3 1916d penny's to bad they were not dimes . Some silver rings and metals also found a stainless ring eyeballed came in at 12.01 lol would not dig that. 50 plus wheat. Friend found 3 barber dimes and a 1968 40 percent half 3 inches deep at a fairgrounds gate why was it there lol.Seen several people hunting the parks and fairgrounds we visited .Left my shovel somewhere in iowa dah.Coins were good heat sucked . Planing another trip when it gets cooler.Hope you guys got out sube
We are having 98 degree heat and feels like readings of 110. Has shut down all my hunting except from 7:00 - 9:00 am when is in mid 80's. Can't imagine hunting that much in that heat. Hottest June here in Atlanta in a long time. That is why I sold my Nox 800 and got my CTX. I have a lot of trash and the nox with its narrow TID range would bounce around on good signals. Other than the heat sounds like a good hunt.

Sweet hunt.

That's why I sold my nox. It found silver, but also missed silver that the ctx/etrac would zoom right in on, and not vice versa.

If I sell my ctx, it is because of weight, not performance.

I dig everything 12 40 and up. Thought I was digging a penny with the ctx and out popped a Peace dollar. Heart attack city....
I tried the Minelab Pro Swing harness. did not like it too bulk, would not fold up in back pack. Got Doc's Swingy Thing harness and it fits real comfortable like a pair of heavy duty suspenders, keeps my pants up since I have billfold, keys and pinpointer and finds in my jeans pockets. Very comfortable and folds up easy to fit in my go pack. Has good bungee cord like the Pro swing Harnes so that is also good. $51 i think.

Doc's harness came with my ctx-- my gal uses it. She puts on a backpack and hooks it on to a d ring. I've tried it... it works.