Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rob Is Right.

oneon

This forum is dead, It has nothing to do with Facebook all you need to do is go to other areas of this site and see all the new posts as compared to the V3I section. I like it here but no one has much to say. Maybe its all been said before. Kind of reminds me of the DFX section. Also fairly dead, but that's an older machine.

I don't know what to tell you, it is discouraging. I really used to have a good time. The Whites site isn't doing much either. I haven't seen an "ask for help" in a long time so maybe everything has been covered or maybe ......

No really I don't know. I checked FB and it didn't do anything for me. Some photos but nothing in the way of a good discussion.

I was looking at a forum that just started and it's a ghost town. There was a total of 3 Whites users and only 1 V31 user. I've got some thoughts but !!!! :shrug:

I need some good detecting books to read but I haven't found one that's got anything new. Anyway have a nice day.:stars:

OH, if you see anything interesting let me know.

Well I hope it recovers then because I just became a V3i owner and I have a ton to learn. I traded in my MXT and my DF to get one and I go out tonight for the first time to use it. I am going back to a spot that has produced well for me in the past but the last 3 times I've been there I've been shut out and I'm hoping my investment will make it come alive again. I have pulled many wheats, two indian heads, chinese coins, a spanish reale, turkish and austrian silver and two Standing liberty quarters. We haven't seen a dime or nickel yet though. I'm going out with standard coin and jewelry program and no other adjustments. I'll let you know how I do.

Dave

Go for it and good luck.

Ok so I just got back. No coins, a small toy car, button and a stupid fly I swatted against my arm. I struggled a bit for sure, the multi-tones are definitely a switch from the MXT, but one thing that happened (twice) left me shaking my head.

While searching, all of a sudden the V3i starts playing a musical tone (took me a second to realize) and then at the end, turns off. Uhh, what exactly is going on here? As I said, it happed twice. I was in Coin and Jewelry if that helps.

Dave

Sounds like your headphones were shutting off.

Nope, I have Sun Rays. No wireless. It was weird to the point that I thought like I had won something or someone played a trick on me. It was an ominous tune and quite familiar but for the life of me I can't hum it right now.

Check your auto turn off setting (I don't have a V in front of me, but it will be in the menu - I think the expert menu is easiest to find it in. Then go down to the configuration menu. And it's in one of those menus. If you don't press a key or toggle the pinpointer switch within its timeout time, it will do an automatic shut off. You can adjust that timeout or you can disable the auto off altogether.

If you hear that funeral dirge, you know it's about ready to shut off - all you have to do is pull and release the trigger to reset the timer.

Bingo! It was the funeral dirge! I thought I was going nuts. You can tell I had a crummy hunt if I didn't pinpoint twice long enough to cause a shut down.

It might have more to do with a lot of people selling their V3i's so they could go and buy the XP or the CTX and thus no longer would come to this forum for support. I no longer own an MXT(which I only gave up to get my V3i) so I likely will only glance at that forum but come here for posts and answers to my questions. When Facebook goes the way of Myspace here in the next year or so then folks will find a new place to get their fix.

As for me, I'll stick with Findmall. There's more knowledge about metal detecting here than I'll ever be able to learn and process.

Dave

"It might have more to do with a lot of people selling their V3i's so they could go and buy the XP or the CTX and thus no longer would come to this forum for support."

I really hope that is not the reason.

"It has everything to do with FB."

I tried it, thanks for the invite. I just found it boring. Mostly it was photos of finds. I'm happy when someone finds an old coin and will tell them so. But if that is all there is, well how many Merc's can you look at. Posts that require thought and discussion is what i enjoyed. That's what I tried to do when I was a Mod, simulate discussion.

The V3i is a great machine and many owners only use a fraction of its settings.

skateteacher said:
It might have more to do with a lot of people selling their V3i's so they could go and buy the XP or the CTX and thus no longer would come to this forum for support.
Dave

I have seen many more people selling their Etracs for the CTX than anything. Whites aren't for sale near as much. Shoot, event he dealers are asking for V's and MXT's for trades to flip! I don't own a V3i yet, but still visit the forum. I just don't post much as my finds are from using a different detector.

dont know if this is the proper place or not but i had my grand kids go out and get me a ctx as agift. yes they are awesome ... and ive been puting it thru its paces for 2 weeks... long story short i dont think i could sell my v3i ...i personally dont think theres another machine like v3i. it was tough not picking it up for the last couple weeks.. the gps feature is nice although i wouldny pay for it ....it is waterproof but i also have the bh300,,, im not used to the fe, co numbers . i think the reason we see so many stories of people finding more in hunted out parks is because they are basically digging everything. anything with a 12 36 and up includes alot of stuff. so so far im not that impressed . it has shown targets on screen along with the iron ,but the v3i also done that with its red and green spectragraph...... i really missed the sunray on the v3i and red, green blue analyses for sure. i can pick up the whites and run thru a totlot and pinpoint with precision and pretty much tell what im going to find.. could be im just that familar with it or its just that good when setup properly.. im in no way beating up 1 machine or the other, just stating what ive seen so far... would i go buy 1 in place of v3 .. i dont think so. im sure if i was a seasoned user it may be different but so far. the v3i outshines it.. the fact that it was givin to me well how can i not give it a whirl.. its dfinitely a welcome addition at the price i got it for... in another 6 months my opinion may change but i really dont think so HH

That is a fair opinion. The best detector is the one you know.

Great grandkids and a wonderful present.