Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Roll Call

Picked mine up Monday. Still watching the video's on you tub hope to get out with it this week end.
HH.
Roy

Steve,

Dealers must love this machine. My local dealer here in Arizona - Promack sold me one for full retail - gotta love the margin on that!

I am having it shipped to my new job location in Yorktown, Virginia. I look forward to getting to know a historic area and maybe even looking for a bit of "bling" on east coast beaches.

I hope this forum can become the "go to place" for this machine. If that's going to happen, we're going to need a large cage for trolls. My wife's Norwegian - and I lived there for several years - trolls can be a real problem. I'm told that in Iceland, you are required to get a "troll free site" permit for industrial construction. Oddly, the internet seems to be infested with them. Anyway, the fewer here, the better.

lytle78 said:
Steve,

Dealers must love this machine. My local dealer here in Arizona - Promack sold me one for full retail - gotta love the margin on that!

I am having it shipped to my new job location in Yorktown, Virginia. I look forward to getting to know a historic area and maybe even looking for a bit of "bling" on east coast beaches.

I hope this forum can become the "go to place" for this machine. If that's going to happen, we're going to need a large cage for trolls. My wife's Norwegian - and I lived there for several years - trolls can be a real problem. I'm told that in Iceland, you are required to get a "troll free site" permit for industrial construction. Oddly, the internet seems to be infested with them. Anyway, the fewer here, the better.

Steve they will go away after a while same thing happened on the E-Trac forum when it first started. After the vision is out for a while there tune will change or they will go after what ever the next new detector is out. If you learn the Vision it will be a awesome tool.

Jason

I think I'm the first to buy one in brooklyn. No regrets so far. Haven't been to the fields yet but do the beaches a lot. Like most posters, gonna learn this machine as it has so much potential and like someone said to me, give it 6 months to learn it and then give an evaluation, things will surely get better.

sadly I have some major regrets....

lack of a good nights sleep!
A good case of wine and time, time, time to drink it....
Man I could use a home cooked meal....

My Vision..... man I could use sometime to get out and use the thing. I turn it on and play with it all the time in my bed room, my dirty little secret.... I'd sleep with it if I could, but I know I'd roll over it and hurt myself....

I'm not a jealous man, but.... it makes me soooo crazy....

Oh, you mean regrets owning a vision.... no, no.... no regrets,

Vision
TDI
DFX
GM4B
Dodge Ram Diesel
bastard son
crappy guitar
Ice cream belly (not beerbelly)

I just bought mine yesterday. Not even outta the box, but the demo and a hunt with a friend really convinced me. (MXT guy here.)

Add OregonMike to the list of proud Vision owners. I'm looking forward to learning the machine well and hope it won't be long before I can post some nice finds! Thanks to everyone for their patient answers to my questions. This was a major purchase for me and it took a lot of questions and thought. I really appreciate this forum and I imagine I'll have plenty more questions, and maybe eventually a few answers, as time goes by.

Mike

I dont mean to rub anyone here the wrong way but you guys that like this machine must have hearing problems. I have to wear earplugs with this machine.

Hi,

Yup, just a bunch of old deaf guys! White's is looking into it. I agree an ability to run the volume lower would be welcome.

Steve Herschbach

redbird said:
I dont mean to rub anyone here the wrong way but you guys that like this machine must have hearing problems. I have to wear earplugs with this machine.

I always heard if it is to loud you are to old.

Too much Music and guns for me as a kid. I have no problem with the volume and run it near max. Do turn the Threshold down a bit.

Jason

AW, come on guys your killing me.........:lmfao: I'm an old guy and money's tight, so it may take a while. But I'M GONNA GIT ONE. GLW. But honestly , I want to thank all of you guys(and gals too) for all of your input. When I get one I'll be way ahead of you cause i've got a lot of info from you already.:laugh:I'm an MXT guy :biggrin:and I'll keep it for a long time. HH all.:lol::usaa:retired.
PLS, Keep all that good info coming in. Thanks florida son.

floridason
MXT, DX-1. Bullseye. and 4 extra coils

Hi all Just checking in I got mine early this week. It seems to be doing quite well I now have a DFX as my backup boy if that isn't over kill.
Happy hunting and boy isn't this fun O and buy the way American made I hope I put someone back to work!!
:usaflag:

Hi everyone, mine just came in yesterday and I assembled it today. Snowy and windy day in Nebraska so it has not been out of the house. This is my first detector and the beginning of my new hobby. It will probably take three months for me to learn how to use it but I think I will get many years out of it. I am glad there is a forum out here for the vision and look forward to reading everyone's input and suggestions.

Nebraska Newbie said:
Hi everyone, mine just came in yesterday and I assembled it today. Snowy and windy day in Nebraska so it has not been out of the house. This is my first detector and the beginning of my new hobby. It will probably take three months for me to learn how to use it but I think I will get many years out of it. I am glad there is a forum out here for the vision and look forward to reading everyone's input and suggestions.

Congratulations on getting in to this great new hobby.

If you are totally new at this I would recommend sticking with the coin or coin and jewelery factory settings until you get the feel for it. Also go through a few coins on the ground and listen to
how they sound and practice your pinpointing a bit. Good luck you got your self a great first detector.

Jason

Have a DFX I never use as I could never figure out how to get any serious depth out of it. The DFX seemed to me a great machine to turn one too many knobs and be in trouble. Bought the ETrac and although it would pick through the trash better than my SE, it couldn't do it at depth. So let me know when you guys start pulling some deepies. I will be very interested when people start pulling 8 and 9 inch deep coins out with their Vision.:thumbup:

YEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA:yikes::clapping::clapping:tHE BOSS BOUGHT THE iDEA OF ME GETTING A NEW vision.:clap:, But I GOTTA WAIT 2 MONTHS.:rage. Man I couldn't believe it.
But I'll probably pay for it later:>) Oh well. Hey man what a day. Went out for an hour and (sorry no pics, my camera broke) got 14 dimes(so dirty I have them in a tumbler for about 4 hours)16 pennies, (the rest clad)3 niclels, 3 quarters all where an old vegetable stand used to be. Right in front of a :whites: dealer.:bouncy:. Yeah and I'm still learning about that new VISION from all you guys. Give me all you can:please:Thanks to all and HH P.S. I know she wants sumpthin, do dhr gives me sumpthin..........I'm sure I'll find out soon..........:rofl:

floridason
:whites:MXT, DX-1, Bullseye, 4 extra coils, :usaa:Retired