Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RTG #710 LONGNOSE SCOOP ???

ralphiejc

Thinking about getting the RTG 710 scoop but would like to get some feedback first from anyone using it in the wet beach sand.Any input would be helpful..Thanks,Ralph

A five inch scoop is adequate but I personally prefer a larger scoop. If you do any detecting in the water then the 5 inch scoop in not adequate. I tried a five inch scoop when I first started and it worked okay on the dry and wet sand but once I got in the water it just was not big enough to do the job for me.

I had one for a few years and loved it but it really takes some skill to nail gold in the water. Nice and Long nose. 14 inchs.. heavy.. very good for drysand also.. I put a grab handle on mine.. ended up selling it to a younger friend... at my age now I go for lighter weight..

this would be spicifically for wet sand hunting which my rtg 6"alum/ss tip has trouble penetrating..I already have 4 scoops as I find one scoop cant cover all the bases...I want to continue enjoying the hobbie by having the right tool for the job....