Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RTG Scoops

Bubby

Looking to buy my first scoop and have it narrowed down to 2

BEACHMASTER WATER SCOOP # 700 or PRO ALUMINUM MINI WATER SCOOP #733

Anyone use these - be doing wet and dry sand. Won't be getting deep in the water due to I don't have a water machine.

Thanks
Bubby

I've got the aluminum #733 and also it's brother in the stainless steel. I use both and really like them. The aluminum is much lighter and works great in dry or wet sand, the SS works better while in the water and when you have alot of seashell in the sand, just easier to dig with, it weighs twice as much or just a little over. HH John

The big thing is do you want speed. The 700 has screen and will sift very quick. The 700 is steel and galv. so it will rust. I have seen the 700 last many years by hard hunting. Like everything the more you keep it clean the longer they last. The 733 will not rust and if you do discide to get a water detector will be better for that. In the wet you may have to dip the bottom of the scoop in a little water to clear it out easier. The dry will not matter. they both will sift fine. Hope this helps,Joe

Thanks for the input guys. Think the # 700 will fill my needs. I believe the # 700 is lighter than the # 733? As far as rusting I think some wd-40 should work. Wished I could actually get my hands on one to get the feel of the scoop but no dealers close to me here in Pa.

HH
Bubby

Bubby said:
Thanks for the input guys. Think the # 700 will fill my needs. I believe the # 700 is lighter than the # 733? As far as rusting I think some wd-40 should work. Wished I could actually get my hands on one to get the feel of the scoop but no dealers close to me here in Pa.

HH
Bubby

How about spraying it with Truck Bed Liner like they do coils? $7.99 at Lowes

I've got 2 of the big travel aluminum scoops. They are great. Get about a gallon at a time if you need to. Spray the back of them with truck liner so your feet won't slip off while digging. HH :minelab:

Well I couldn't make a decision which one to buy so I just bought both BEACHMASTER WATER SCOOP # 700 and PRO ALUMINUM MINI WATER SCOOP #733. Needed 2 scoops anyways. One for the wife and one for me. Was checking out that stainless Beachcomber scoop - looks really nice - but didn't want the extra weight.