Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rugged California Coast

Roscue2

Took this photo back in January while on vacation to Pt Reyes National Seashore... a truly beautiful place. I have visited Pt Reyes twice in the last 10 months, and the first time I will say I wasn't sure if I would come back. When compared to Yosemite (my favorite national park so far) it is completely different. First, its main focus is the coast and Pacific ocean, while Yosemite is the Mts, waterfalls, and valleys. About 5 months after my first visit I thought back on Pt Reyes and realized I did enjoy it, but in a different way than Yosemite. Both parks have areas that may seem unreachable at first glance, and I realized that that, along with the history and aquatic nature in Pt Reyes, was part of the charm for me in enjoying the park. It is no where near as crowded as Yosemite, a plus. There are still many things I haven't done or seem at Pt Reyes, such as the tide pools and I have only just begun to explore its many beaches and other wildlife.

One of the main things I found that I liked about the park was that you can literally hike into the Tule Elk preserve, which is located on a long peninsula, so it acts as its own pen for them. You never know when you are going to come across the herd... on my first visit I came across them in the first 2 miles, but on my second visit I did not see them until the 3rd or 4th mile. The closest I have been to one was about 60-75 ft, and that was with me staying strictly on the trail. With a zoom lens you can easily get great photos of them. I may spend another night at the park this fall on my way up towards Oregon and Washington.

Photo shot with a Canon T3 with 75-300 lens. Slightly edited the photo to get the colors to pop out better.

Thanks for viewing and please feel free to comment.