Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rumor has it that XP is looking at new update

BigTony

Rumor has it that XP is looking into the last update that folks are reporting their difficulties.
I was on another site, folks were claiming that the silencer isn’t working properly.

Anyone hear anything else?
Tony NJ

Really wouldn’t surprise me as i was thinking about how they should come out with one. Hiw did you hear about it Big T?

I went to other sites, as stated above.
What have you heard?
Haven’t heard anything thats why i was wondering.
It was just a thought i had that would make sense being all the negative feedback. But not everyone is having problems from what I’ve seen which suggests could be human error instead of actual software issues as some also have been saying.
Im sure XP knows by now, be interesting to see if they come out with a V 1.1 or 1.2
with bug fixes.Hearing about it on their website or from their dealers is one thing, hearing about it on social media is another

Haven’t heard anything thats why i was wondering.
It was just a thought i had that would make sense being all the negative feedback. But not everyone is having problems from what I’ve seen which suggests could be human error instead of actual software issues as some also have been saying.
Im sure XP knows by now, be interesting to see if they come out with a V 1.1 or 1.2
with bug fixes.Hearing about it on their website or from their dealers is one thing, hearing about it on social media is another
Exactly, what we hear these days must be double verified, that’s why I added , what has anyone heard on this subject

I pushed through and managed a few silvers. Very happy with those.
DigDog, what detectors have you used over the years? Any minelabs ? Did you ever hear of the minelab coin bounce?
Tony NJ

Exactly, what we hear these days must be double verified, that’s why I added , what has anyone heard on this subject

I pushed through and managed a few silvers. Very happy with those.
DigDog, what detectors have you used over the years? Any minelabs ? Did you ever hear of the minelab coin bounce?
Tony NJ
About 15-20 years ago had a sovereign gt, excall and a couple xterra’s for minelabs
Had garret ace 250, whites beach machine and about 6 Tesoro’s. Never heard of coin bounce.

XP problem is........... They have PayStreak as a tester ... ???? ...
Cries if he has to use a digger
Digs a 6" hole for a surface find
Super sonic sweep speed
Tech is way pass him
Well if superfreak is their only tester and they only go by his word but i don’t think that’s the case. I don’t think they got to where they are by chance

Talk is there are a lot of experienced XP users who have notice some short comings with this update. From what I have read and viewed, XP has been provided feedback, they were receptive and are looking into it. The reports of the short comings from my understanding are widespread and not just isolated to a few individuals around the world, both experienced and your average Joes. Updates in general are prone to "bugs", regardless of the item, industry, etc. and in my opinion are expected. I haven't updated and will not for the time being, one because I wanted the initial rush of everyone wanting to update to be done with and secondly, I wanted those that had to provide feedback regarding the update to provide their pros and cons, and to see if something like this scenario would happen. XP will address, fix, and handle the update to correct the shortcomings, I have no doubt in that. Still a great product in my opinion. Fairly certain there were and are numerous "testers" around the world.

About 15-20 years ago had a sovereign gt, excall and a couple xterra’s for minelabs
Had garret ace 250, whites beach machine and about 6 Tesoro’s. Never heard of coin bounce.
Coin bounce was on Explorer’s. Coin icon would bounce between ferrous and non ferrous. If you dug those, sometimes they were coins

Coin bounce was on Explorer’s. Coin icon would bounce between ferrous and non ferrous. If you dug those, sometimes they were coins
Ok, my last new minelab was the Excall II for the beach and Xterra 705, never got another so not familiar with that. Was contemplating the Nox but just went for the Deus II instead for a multitude of reasons. Glad i did.

I haven’t updated my D2 WS6 for this very reason. To bad you can’t go down a list and select what parts of an update you want .
Weird thing is some people have updated with no issues and really like it.
Go figure

Since it appears that not everyone is having issues, could there be some correlation to what operating system was being used to perform the update? Or maybe there's some other common denominator that could account for it? Maybe someone can start a thread with a vote option to find it? I have the WS6 and had to try a few times to install 1.0, even after the initial overload of XPs website. I haven't determined whether I have the issues or not, but decided to just revert to 0.71 for now til the dust settles. I am fairly new to detecting and want to wait til it all gets worked out. When I reverted back to 0.71 yesterday the WS6 froze on the update screen and I had to fiddle several times with it to finally get it updated and working.

Some might be using programs that weren’t changed. Maybe the added processing software is helping them.
Just my opinion

Pretty sure XP has many testers out there in every country and has to consider all of their findings as they design an update.

Tony I am with you on selecting only what you would upgrade. I.ve often wondered why that's not possible. But, I'm also inept at computer stuff. Nice to have 3 grandchildren teenagers. I got lost right after the "tube" age.

Never buy the first model year of a new car !!!! I always sit on the sidelines and read all reviews before buying or updating.
So far, Im stay .71 til the all clear sounds. I only have 1 beach machine and I dont want to lose it in a techno update !!!

Im sure Xp will straighten out any issues. Great machine, Great company !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)