Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rutbuster

KinTN

Been in a bit of a rut re finds this summer, so after our latest (2") rain, I decided to open the Safari up and hunt pure relic mode on some public parklands. I was rewarded with some easy digging, a bunch of pennies (in addition to the normal clad), and a lot of oddball stuff: keys, medallions, tokens, and an army man toy. Nothing to write home about, but I had the best time I've had all summer metal detecting. So if youre in a rut or getting bored, change up your settings or hunting style for some variety!

(beach trip planned soon, where I hope to REALLY liven up the finds)

I run all metal just about all the time. I have made some great finds running all metal, stuff that is laying close to Iron. Maybe All Metal mode isn't for everyone, but its sure working for me. Another thing that helps is to really slow down & work an area & dig those signals bouncing from low to high ID's, a lot of them maybe iron nails & bolts but I found that real sweet SLQ the other night digging those signals. Also dig those ones reading -10 but don't sound like iron. I think everyone needs to use whatever works for them, all metal works for me. Just my opinion.