Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sacramento Silver, Double Barber Halves, and a Seated Qtr with CTX3030

Goldfinds

Decided to take the CTX out again today since I'm working swing shift at work, and I'm glad I did. Much unexpected finds today. Arrived at a very hunted Sac park today and started hunting, floating around to places I've found silver before. And about an hour into the hunt and after a few deep nails, I hit a deep high tone repeating target, began digging down, hit a big root about 4 inches, broke out the hand saw and took it out. There were 2 roots below it with a space between them, after digging down about 8 inches, the pinpointer finally was able to detect the target, at 9 in I scooped out a handful and dumped it on my pile. probe went off on the pile and I scraped away the dirt to reveal a barber half, WOW, its been years since I dug one of these, I noticed it had a ring on one side, just like it had been next to another coin, so I quickly stuck the probe back down into the hole, and it rang off, I thought this is too good to be true, one more scoop and there was another barber half. Holy mackrel. After texting Ron Swenson photos, I took a 5 minute break to tak in the moment. Then covered my hole and scanned the area around and a few feet away, I got another deep high tone repeatable target, I thought it sounds just like the barber halves did. After digging and cutting a root, at about 8 inches, I popped out a quarter, At first I thought Standing or Barber, and after looking at it closer(came out black) I could not believe my eyes, it was an 1877 seated quarter. Man oh man what a day I thought. Never have I dug so many big silver in one day. I hunted another 30 minutes and identified several deep iffy targets but didn't dig them. I'll be going back tomorrow to dig them.

One 1903 Barber Half
One 1908 Barber Half
One 1877s Seated Quarter

Congrats on the fantastic find ! :beers:

If I made a find like that my wife would kill me, because she wouldnt see me again for a week.

Good to still see silver coming out of Sacramento!!

Holy buckets! Awesome finds! There are a lot of coins on my to dig list and these are on it. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! Any single one of those is a fantastic find. All three together is a day to remember for a long time.

Absolutely wonderful finds.:thumbup: Way to go!:clapping: The 3030 sounds like it's earning its keep for sure.

Congratulations on the Barber halves and the Seated Quarter.....
some sweet finds for sure. I'm still looking for my Barber Half...
haven't seen it have ya? :rofl:

Wow, that is impressive, congrats! I'd take break to drink that in too. Finding any single one of those coins would make shout.
HH - Bruce

Its a pocket boy, http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/Folding-Straight_2/POCKETBOY-130-LG-Teeth-Hand-Saw#sthash.rzzuCwiP.dpbs

It cuts through the roots like butter.

Goldfinds said:
Its a pocket boy, http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/Folding-Straight_2/POCKETBOY-130-LG-Teeth-Hand-Saw#sthash.rzzuCwiP.dpbs

It cuts through the roots like butter.

Thanks! I must order one of those. Roots are always preventing me from getting to the goods.