Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sad News!

Knipper

Just heard from a metal detector dealer that the E-Trac has been officially discontinued by Minelab! Unfortunate, because there is no other detector out there (maybe the CTX) that gives as much information about targets, or is as programmable as the E-Trac. It's been around since 2008 so for a tech product, that's a good run. I have 3 of them, one of which is brand new and never used, and two Explorer SE pro's, so I figure they'll last until I can't detect anymore. This will leave a big hole in the Minelab line between the Equinox and the CTX-3030, price point wise. One can only hope Minelab is working on an "Equinox 1000" that will be more robust and perhaps offer the ferrous / non-ferrous numbers we've come to appreciate. Can't stop progress, but I'm still sad to see this workhorse get retired!

I was told an Etrac replacement is coming out this year.

The ctx replacement is 1-2 years out.

Just heard from a metal detector dealer that the E-Trac has been officially discontinued by Minelab! Unfortunate, because there is no other detector out there (maybe the CTX) that gives as much information about targets, or is as programmable as the E-Trac. It's been around since 2008 so for a tech product, that's a good run. I have 3 of them, one of which is brand new and never used, and two Explorer SE pro's, so I figure they'll last until I can't detect anymore. This will leave a big hole in the Minelab line between the Equinox and the CTX-3030, price point wise. One can only hope Minelab is working on an "Equinox 1000" that will be more robust and perhaps offer the ferrous / non-ferrous numbers we've come to appreciate. Can't stop progress, but I'm still sad to see this workhorse get retired!
Sad News indeed. Will hold on to the 2 I have as long as possible, and Hopefully they’re thinking on coming out with a Etrac/Nox Hybrid. That would be the Cat’s Meow

Hard to imagine "how" it can be replaced or improved upon. Only things I would change = better screen in sunlight, waterproof the internals and improve weight distribution. Damn good machine IMHO. I love it's multitude of capabilities and the ability to modify so many settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)(y)(y)
ETA - It's smarter than I am.

I guess now might be a good time to go ahead and get the upper and lower shaft for the Etrac/ Safari while you may still be able to get them. That is indeed sad news that the Etrac is being discontinued. A lot of folks still swinging them.

I asked the repair center yesterday if he heard that the etrac was being discontinued. He did not hear of it yet.

Hmmmm all good things come to an end just like the old Fisher 1266 X.Wonder if they are still going to repair them? :shrug:

Attachments

• metal boots.jpg
    metal boots.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 119
I guess now might be a good time to go ahead and get the upper and lower shaft for the Etrac/ Safari while you may still be able to get them. That is indeed sad news that the Etrac is being discontinued. A lot of folks still swinging them.
Yes the Explorer 2 Upper white shafts soon went out of stock. I think maybe Minelab should keep plenty of replacement upper shafts.

Hard to imagine "how" it can be replaced or improved upon. Only things I would change = better screen in sunlight, waterproof the internals and improve weight distribution. Damn good machine IMHO. I love it's multitude of capabilities and the ability to modify so many settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)(y)(y)
ETA - It's smarter than I am.
“It’s smarter than I am”....is what I’ve said all along. The second I start questioning the Explorer or CTX...my results go straight in the toilet.

Crazy but they must continue with advancements.
Yes they have to bring new products out because as the market/buyers become filled then production becomes a loss more so than a gain..New product brings new technology and more finds and more customers repeat and otherwise