Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari is no dud

Dan-o

Had to go into work two hours early this morning so wife and I drove separate vehicles, she didn't want to go to work two hours early. So I threw the Safari in the truck last night. Headed to the park after work today for an hour and half. Beautiful day today, 50 degrees and sunny.
In this park I run sensitivity at 16, run Conductive tones with no icons, high trash, reject only -10 thru -4. Dig all targets that sound good. Right away I get a good target that registered in the low 20's. I dig down about 6 inches and find a V nickel. Check hole with pinpointer and pull out a merc. A few minutes later and find a buff nickel. Not too much longer and I pull out a pull tab, check hole and get a good 39 an inch off to the side and get a silver rosie. Dug a bunch of clad also and a bunch of pull tabs.
Oh, and as far as the pro coil being an iron magnet, I did dig one piece of iron, it registered as -3, just had to dig it too find out. I have never really had a problem with iron. Any pieces of iron I have dug usually are targets that never sounded quit right in the first place.
Thought I would post the pic
[attachment 177659 Coins.jpg]

Good Job Dan-o. Those are nice finds anytime with any machine. I think some machines are better than others as well as coils even though they are supposed to be exactly the same. Like two automobiles that are alike one will always out perform the other. My Safari has done everything and more than I ever expected and have owned and hunted with a lot of different machines and with a lot of people with different machines. Matter of fact I'm waiting on one of my son's now who loves his V3i but today we're hunting coins . HH :minelab:

Great day hunting good finds the pro coil is a good in most parks but when hunting 1850 and below sites I think the nails and other junk have a little copper and brass mixed in depending on the local blacksmith.I had one 1820's house I could not get rid of horse shoe nails took a few home put on fluke meter they were better conductor than zinc penny can not blame any detector for picking them up.I do not know if you have tried 10X12 SEF I do not think it goes much deeper but it is more stable and I think the disc.works better.The only time I hunted that low as you are is on beach in NC.I think the Safari and Etrac are good detectors but both could use some improvements and I do not believe the Safari is a beginner's detector or Andy would not have to write a book.You would have to admit this thread would be boring if your thread and others read like this. Used Safari Today This Is What I Found at least you are getting out hunting all I have been doing is working.Prep

:clapping: Thanks for the picture story. LOL

And nice work with the Safari. :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)