Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari recovery speed

Johnny Quattro

Hello Everyone,

I am currently a Quattro owner and I'm happy with its performance. The slow recovery speed is the only drawback. I'm considering a new safari and was hoping some of you safari owners who have ever used a quattro can tell me if the recovery speed of the safari is faster ( and how much faster ) than the Quattro. I would also like to know if the safari can I.D. the difference between a clad quarter and a silver quarter? because the quattro seems to I.D. them both at 38 and clad dimes and silver dimes both I.D. at 37. Any other changes the safari has that you know of would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much and good luck in your hunts

Hello Johnny Quattro. I think this post can help you with the TID numbers. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1542365. I own a Quattro and like it also. From what I read on the forum, I am thinking that Safari is not too much different from the Quattro. Also I have found out that the Quattro and Safari use the same processor. But I never had opportunity for a side by side comparison

John

Thank you John,

I'm actually looking at buying a new Explorer SE now. I will keep my Quattro because it's awesome too. I just need more options to play with and I really need a faster machine. when it's hard to find time to detect, it's nice to have a fast detector !. Thanks again for your reply and Good Luck hunting, Johnny

Hey John,

One thing I did notice, and maybe you can offer your opinion on this, The Quattro seems to be much faster in all metal mode, what do you think ?

You have to deal with more target noise but, I have been hunting like that lately and doing well, Johnny

38's are usually a quarter for sure, but also could very well be a silver dime.. had silver come in at 37 but is most likely a clad dime...I know when you set to high trash option, recovery is abit faster, but target Id #'s may be off by 1 or 2. I have no time on a quarttro..

Hope this helps.. Mark ( ohio )

Johnny Quattro said:
Hey John,

One thing I did notice, and maybe you can offer your opinion on this, The Quattro seems to be much faster in all metal mode, what do you think ?

You have to deal with more target noise but, I have been hunting like that lately and doing well, Johnny

I believe that also but I think that is because that there are no coin icons in all metal mode for the processor to deal and it may speed it up some. I like all metal mode to search for coins because of the low tones for iron.

John

IMO the tid for silver quarters are 38-39 & clad quarters seem to be 38. I differentiate between the two by toggling over from conductive to ferrous and re-scan the target. If silver,it will tend to sound just a little sweeter than the clad. In addition,on occasion, the graphic id bar may point to the "i" or "l" in the word silver.

Where I live the quarters, both clad and silver, are coming in at 38 almost every time, but like 'kschae4', the tone on the silver is a tad bit sweeter in ferrous mode. A silver dime is coming in at 37 while the clad dime is 38, but there is a difference in the tone (in ferrous, the silver dime has a slightly lower tone but still sweet). Are your dimes coming up the same?

Johnny,I still have a Quattro and did have a Safari and I could not tell the recovery speed was any faster on the Safari than the Quattro.
I used them both for quite awhile and they both are great machines.I never tried the pro coil on the Quattro but I'm sure it would make a
difference when used on the Q.If there is a difference in the recovery speed on the Safari it is not a lot faster. Gary

sopg1155 said:
Johnny,I still have a Quattro and did have a Safari and I could not tell the recovery speed was any faster on the Safari than the Quattro.
I used them both for quite awhile and they both are great machines.I never tried the pro coil on the Quattro but I'm sure it would make a
difference when used on the Q.If there is a difference in the recovery speed on the Safari it is not a lot faster. Gary

Gary from what I learned about the Explorer and E-trac I am guessing that the recovery time for them isn't much faster then the Quattro/Safari. But I have never used one to really know. Have you ever use one?

John