Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari's Relic and All Metal Modes

Confetrit

This question is for those who mostly relic hunt with the Minelab Safari. My question is what mode seems to be most effective for relic hunting? I understand that the All Metal Mode has no discrimination and that you will be digging any and everything. I know that in heavily trashy areas that this would not be a good choice to hunt in, but how about areas that are fairly decent? We are talking about the woods and wide open areas here. I was just wondering if one mode seemed to be more effective than the other in areas where they could be applied. Also, one more question and I'll leave yall' be. Has anyone ever used the WOT 15' search coil on the Safari for relic hunting, and if so what are your thoughts? I'm just thinking ahead, I have just gotten the Safari and would first have to decide if this is going to be a good fit for me. I would certainly appreciate any input and feedback concerning this. Thanks in Advance. Kevin

Kevin, i usually run relic mode ,low trash ..If no targets or I get bored ,I 'll switch over to all metal mode , low trash , just to see what kind of iron may be lurking....
BTW - one thing about finding both old silver coins and buttons is that the audio sounds a tad sweeter to me than in coin/jewelry mode...IMO...

Thanks for your reply and input kshae4. It always helps to talk with those who use and are familiar with certain MD models. Your time and Honesty are most appreciated.

Actually the Safari does all relics,coins and gold items at the same time :) just open up the disc mode too except iron in any mode.