Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt Compensate

Rob (IL)

The credit for this one goes to George in Florida. Give it a try and give some feed back. Go to transmit frequencies and just below 3 frequencies you will find the salt compensate option. It is also 3 frequency. Many people have been finding they are getting the same depth but with less falsing and quieter operation than 3 frequency. Like anything it might not work for everyone. Let's hear from you. Rob

I didn't do any depth testing, but in the initial testing of the V, I did get a reduction of noise in the salt mode. I have not tried it since though.

Maybe quieter but...wouldn't it only be receiving and processing the 7.5kHz channel
as it uses 2.5 & 22.5kHz to compensate for salt?

mthunter said:
Maybe quieter but...wouldn't it only be receiving and processing the 7.5kHz channel
as it uses 2.5 & 22.5kHz to compensate for salt?

Nope. Uses all 3 frequencies for processing targets.

Salt compensate is a 3 frequency program. Rob

hey been use it here in east Tenn ground run in -88 to - 93 hunt some my old spot were I was run RX 9 ac 65 d 70 with 4x6 coil with SC run it at 15 Rx ac 75 dc 85 run 6x10 Rx 14 ac 80 dc 90 were I was getting to run 7 Rx 60 ac dc 70 don't know about 10". But it track to in iron a little so far so good here hope this help

sorry it toke so long to get back I did here deeper coin in some place I hit hard got hit coin at 10" to 12"

If you in place were EMI are bad this the way to go for me that is I hunt in a power line yesterday me and two of my friend I got better dept and one stop and used my V3 I need a rest any way HE order his V3 today

OK, Jim and Lazyboy seem to like the salt compensate. Lets have more guys try it and let me know.

Does it run quieter for you?
Can you run your RX higher?
How does it effect your depth?

Your input is important. Rob