Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SALT COMPENSATE.

BIG G

hi all is there any advantage using salt compensate on really wet meadows i know what it says in owners guide,but what do you think?.......GARY.:detecting:

The advantage is a more stable and quiet running detector in a salt environment. Whether you need it or that it works for you in the meadows, you will just have to try it and see.

That is a good question Gary and for others who have not read Carl's Advanced Users Manual, this is what he has to say:

Salt Compensate mode is the same as
Three Frequency mode, except that salt
responses are subtracted out. This eliminates
salt signals while still allowing V3i to track
ferrous mineralization. This technique is only
possible in multi-frequency detectors, which is
a second reason to use multiple frequencies.
A small downside to salt compensate is
that a narrow range of VDI

I was at a local beach and tried salt compensate, and it was quieter and seemed to be more responsive, in the wet/damp sand and the grassy areas, I am still experimenting, but am happy with what I am seeing.

thanks for reply,i think what i am saying is,will the coil be less affective if it is dripping wet than completely dry one, say in factory set hi-pro or coin and jewelry programs( this question will properly sound daft) cheers any way..... GARY.:shrug:

Gary ignore the book I've had my v3i for 3 months now and all the pre sets are useless, I had an xlt e series before and I loved it so keeping with the whites tradition I went for the latest model and bought the new machine ,after contacting several people and trolling the forums for English soil program's I found Gary's detecting web page the best on offer I programmed his settings in and tweaked them slightly I also bought the SEF coil and now my machine is lovely
De cluttered on the screen all the comedy icons gone
Simply graph
Multi tone
Quick recovery
Great depth (old penny 13 "
Great battery life and
And the special graph thingy mi bob (trigger forward position ) is bob on every time

Regards
Whites man

BIG G said:
hi all is there any advantage using salt compensate on really wet meadows i know what it says in owners guide,but what do you think?.......GARY.:detecting:

Over on the White's forum, Robert and George (Fox) found that using Salt Compensate will allow the detector to run exceptionally quiet when you are in a mineralized ground. I'm trying to find the posts bur for some reason they are not coming up in my search. I will keep trying.

Here is a little info from Jeff Foster.

On the V3, the multi-frequency operation can utilize either one or two ground-balance points. Standard 3-Freq operation ground-balances to only one iron-based mineralization region. "Salt Compensate" is the name of the 3-Freq mode that ground-balances to salt and iron mineralization simultaneously.

On the DFX, the 2-Freq modes always have the two ground-balance points. There are trade-offs for doing this. That is why it's beneficial to understand how and when to apply the Single Freq modes on the DFX. On the V3, there are still benefits to using the single Freq modes, but they are less important.

In terms of "noise cancel" capability, the V3 has a couple features. First, the "Live Controls" are Live, so you can tweak the Rx Gain and Sensitivities with the unit in search mode to obtain stable operation. In addition, the Freq Offset also can help in some instances (fitting best between 60Hz vs 50Hz power grid harmonics was one design intent for the Freq Offset feature, although it may help in other situations).

Enjoy.
Jeff Foster

thanks Schultz,i have a rough idea about salt compensate quieting in miimeralized ground,i just wondered what affect in really wet ground if that makes sense.:detecting:

hi whites man,i have looked at Gary's programs,and from a bloke called ramases,what programs of Gary's did you use?:detecting: