Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

saltwater mode

erjtej

I have the newer versiopn that is suppossed to have the saltwater mode, but I cannot find anything in the manual or on the machine concerning this feature. Anyone help me access this feature? Thanks.

When in a search program, press your menu/select button. Select EDIT. Scroll down and you will see the seawater mode. Put a check in the box to enable it. This function is used for saltwater and will neutralize the erratic chatter.

Page 41 of the revised CTX manual. In the CTX, fire up the CTX, click the center button to bring up the menus, select a MODE, then select EDIT, now scroll down to Seawater, it's between Recovery Deep and Target Separation..HH

Only problem is there is no seawater in the edit program and no mention in the manual. When I bought the machine about three weeks ago the dealer said thet it was already programed with the mode, and it is marked seawater update on the box. Must be a glitch from minelab. Guess I can download from the site. I'll call Minelab tomorrow and give them serial number and see what they say. Thanks for the help, I had already tried the edit program and couyldn't find it. Earl Johnson.

No need to call minelab, just connect the CTX to Exchange2 and you can tell if it has the update. You might also download the latest manual from the minelab site. User Manual Download I'm assuming that you are using the manual on the suppliued CD, and the reason that they don't supply a printed manual, is because it would be out of date and or incorrect after an update.