Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

San Antonio and surrounding areas

willynilly

I know the San Antonio city limits requires park pass for detecting, but can anyone tell about the rest of the areas around San Antonio (within a hours drive). Are they detecting friendly. Thanks Willy Nilly

I live about 85 miles SE of San Antonio and I really don't think you will have a problem detecting city parks, schools, churches, etc. I don't know of any permits that are required...however State Parks are a no-no. The best thing you can do is ask the local City Police and Sheriff's office if it is okay. Better to be safe than sorry.
Charles

I detected the Alamo some 25 years ago and no one said a think. I doubt that could happen today.

I remember once back in the 90's my ex-brother-in-law and I were going to go to a state park near Abilene. We stopped at the entrance of the park to pay our entrance and asked the girl at the gate if it would be ok if we could metal detect the park, she said, I don't see any problem with that. So my brother-in-law went one way and I went the other....We'll, after an hour or so of not finding anything of any value, I left looking at this old jail cell and started my way over....And I started hitting old silver after old silver, then my B-I-L seen that I was finding old coins so he joined me. We must've pulled at least 35-40 silvers up to 50c pieces out of there until a park ranger came driving over to us and said:"why are you metal detecting here? You know that I can confiscate your detectors, fine you and what not?" We said, well, the girl at the front gate said it was ok so we started detecting.he then said to get the heck out of there. So when he left, we started heading to the car but not before we hit a few more silvers behind the jail cell.it was my best hunt ever.

I don't know why I posted that on this forum as I was using my first detector, a white's eagle 2 sl, except for the fact that I was posting something here and I seen this post about San Antonio which is where I was stationed at Lackland AFB at the time.