Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

San Elijo South Carlsbad Beach Detecting.

Goldstrike

I'll be making another trip to San Elijo and South Carlsbad (North of San Diego) for a week long beach detecting experience again! Have any of you detected those beaches recently and have you found anything good? Have they re-nourished any of those beaches lately?
Anyway, even if no one has been there, I'll play it by ear and still have a fun time on the beach!! Sometimes metal detecting is like fishing. Many times I have come across an amazing looking river, stream, lake, pond that had to hold some big trophy size fish and I've been sorely disappointed by the end of the day.
With detecting, you sometimes have the same expectation and end up finding little to nothing!!! I've learned to just enjoy the beach and soak in the scenery and serenity and it's all good even if your pouch is empty or has just a few coins in!!
One thing's for sure, you won't find anything unless your out there swinging a coil!!lol:thumbup:

Hello Goldstrike i have never hunted any beaches out of Maine but i have too say use a big coil on that Safari it will go super deep! I was huntng a salt water beach here in Maine i hit a Canadian dollar coin at about 26 inches so that is where the older thing's are going too sink right too the hard pack.Our beaches are detected hard so i tend too hunt old foundation sites mostly but best of luck to you and be Safe!

sasquache said:
Hello Goldstrike i have never hunted any beaches out of Maine but i have too say use a big coil on that Safari it will go super deep! I was huntng a salt water beach here in Maine i hit a Canadian dollar coin at about 26 inches so that is where the older thing's are going too sink right too the hard pack.Our beaches are detected hard so i tend too hunt old foundation sites mostly but best of luck to you and be Safe!

Thanks for that Sasquache! Yes, on the Safari, I've also hit way deep targets on the beach/s. Maybe it's the salt content in the sand which conducts or rather assists magnetic fields to go deeper and wider better than inland soil sites etc;?? I don't know! A week from this Tuesday I'll be at the beach and I'll be hoping there will be fresh dropped jewelry, at least that's what I'll be going after. There are so many guy's looking for the same stuff so it's a matter of the early bird get's the gold rings first!!lol. It'll be fun either way!
Talking to another detectorist today, he has some old mine sites lined up (Utah) which go back to the early American Indians and Spaniards when they came across in the 1600's so I'm looking forward to going to some sites with lot's of history and hopefully gold and silver targets!

Now that sounds awesome good luck too you and most of all be safe.

Hey GS, hope the trip goes well and you'll be able to find your share of the goodies. I'm still living close to the beach here in Monmouth County (Asbury Park/ Long Branch) but rarely hunt unless there's a tropical storm or worse that hits us. I still prefer fields and woods. HH and watch out for coyotes and puma.

kschae4 said:
Hey GS, hope the trip goes well and you'll be able to find your share of the goodies. I'm still living close to the beach here in Monmouth County (Asbury Park/ Long Branch) but rarely hunt unless there's a tropical storm or worse that hits us. I still prefer fields and woods. HH and watch out for coyotes and puma.

Thanks KS4! It's good to see your still in the game and still detecting! I went back in time a few years on this forum and today's finds forum and I always wonder what became of a lot of detectorists that used to find great finds and shared those on the forum for all to enjoy. It's mind boggling to see all the gold and silver jewelry, coins and relics that were found on a daily basis. Going back a few years on the forums get's me fired up to get out and detect so it serves a good purpose! I'm always on the look out for snakes as there has been reports of rattlesnakes around here. I'm assuming you have to as well in the woods especially. Be safe and as the weather cools off, I think a lot of us are more tempted to go out and do more detecting!! HH:thumbup:

Thank GS. Just picked up an Nox800. As much as I love the Safari, it's gotten harder to swing for long periods of time as an old ice hockey injury (partial labrum tear) flares up every once and while.
I have just two hours on the Nox800 and it feels like I'm starting over trying to learn Minelab's newest technology - Mutli-IQ. Gladly, there is so much info out there to help me and others navigate through it....HH