Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Shark Straight Shaft

Jed in NC

I just pulled the trigger on a new Sand Shark and would like to know how many SS/TS users are running them on a straight shaft. I have a Plugger shaft on my Excal II and really like it. I did a search on the forum, and didn't get many hits. Thanks for any input!

The sand shark is so well balanced with the controls in the rear that i don't think i would change to a straight shaft, but thats just me. My fisher will start hurting my back after a couple of hours but not so with the SS, balance is real important with the SS.

Never used a straight shaft on mine.

You may not even need one.

I'd try the stock shaft first and see how you like it.

I made up a straight rod for mine. A three piece one for travel. I wouldn't go back to the stock rod on a bet, I love the Sand Shark on a straight rod, much better!

I always hip mount mine and it works great. That way I never get tired.

I use a Plugger straight shaft on my tiger shark and love it it balances a lot better, go to http://www.indiannationsdetectors.com/tigerrods.html

I only hip mount my TS but the straight shaft seems to be a good option , HH tigerhank68

I'm with Digger45 on this one. With it mounted behind the upper pole on the standard clips, it balances so well in and out of the water that it can be swung for hours. I have custom straight shafts for both my Excal and CZ20, but the Sand Shark has not had me even thinking about changing it from the stock shaft.
Cheers,
tvr