Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Shark

You really dont need to fuss with settings on a SS like most other PI units, its run by a microprocessor and will be stable. You can crank up the pulse width but it uses more battery. I havent seen a huge diff between having it at the factory preset or way up. The thresh and volume all depend on how much noise you're getting from wind, waves, ect. I always keep it as low as I can. Just wanna hear a steady faint bee hive. (sounds like a bunch of hornets to me) If you get the thresh too high you'll miss those deep faint whispers that usually turn out to be the goods. I've only used the normal mode once and didnt like it at all, VCO is the way to go. IMOP

What do you like better ..... The 8" coil or the 10.5 coil ? Is there a really great difference in depth and loss of small targets with the 10.5 ?

The 8" coil is slightly more sensitive to smaller gold, and you are not losing any depth - unless you plan on bringing a steam dredge along - LOL! It is also a lot easier to swing in the water.

cuzzi25 said:
You really dont need to fuss with settings on a SS like most other PI units, its run by a microprocessor and will be stable. You can crank up the pulse width but it uses more battery. I havent seen a huge diff between having it at the factory preset or way up. The thresh and volume all depend on how much noise you're getting from wind, waves, ect. I always keep it as low as I can. Just wanna hear a steady faint bee hive. (sounds like a bunch of hornets to me) If you get the thresh too high you'll miss those deep faint whispers that usually turn out to be the goods. I've only used the normal mode once and didnt like it at all, VCO is the way to go. IMOP

I do not have much experience with the Sand Shark, I use settings similar to those described above with good results.

I've just started in this hobby and only have a couple of weeks at it. However the hrs spent with the Sand Shark has taught me this,
if its metal and you place the coil over it this machine will let you know it's there. I'm still in search of that first piece of real gold or silver.
I know this the beaches are safer for the feet of all because of my efforts.

The Sand Shark is a great machine, when you get use to the faint sounds that break the thresh hold you will start digging GOLD! I have about 50 hours now on this machine and the last hunt at the beach recovered six rings, one 14k, one 925 silver and four costume jewelry rings. The small gold ring was two scoops down, using a 9" scoop, just a real faint signal. I have never had a detector balance out better with the control box mounted under the cuff than this unit. I can use it for three to four hours without getting tired.

I also like the VCO and run the pulse width just a little right of center, i use enloope rechargeable batteries and have been getting about 25 hours before recharging.

I have owned and used the Garrett Infinium and its a good machine but i like the Shark, its lighter and i like the way the control box clips on the shaft just be pushing in on the buttons and moving it to another area.