Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sat down today 1876 seated quarter!!!

Mark kus

Well I started off this week on vacation I went albie fishing this am with the fly rod and I got one great fight on the fly!
So the fishing slowed and I decided to go check another spot to fish or detect well I ended up at the park where I found
My $5.00 half eagle almost two years ago.
So I started off right near the parking lot and right away using park two and noise canceling I hit a merc 1940 then some clad for awhile
Until I hit the east side of the park and had 28 hit another silver dime 1952 then same area I had a sweet 30-31 hit I was thinking silver
Quarter?
So I cut a little bigger plug and when I flipped it and placed the pointer on it it went off so I carefully scraped away some dirt and saw the eagle
I was hoping capped bust quarter!
Nope still a nice find it’s also my second this year seated quarter and same 1876 date my earlier one this year is in excellent condition
Also found the cute worm snake back at my car.
Happy hunting..

Very nice! I've been reading your posts and you have been doing very well with the nox!!

Thanks bass man on further inspection it is a CC mint mark my first ever CC

Big fish, big silver, and a little bait the perfect vacation!!

congrats on the CC :beers:
Jeff

Thanks the gold coin was found with my Etrac which I no longer have now that I have my Nox
It’s been a great machine I’ve been through this narrow patch of grass before.
Could have missed it but was happy to hear that silver sound.

Here’s a pic it was once attached to a sterling money clip.this was found in the same park as the seated

sgoss66 said:
INCREDIBLE, Mkus! A $5 Half Eagle attached to a sterling silver money clip?! I'd say that's a MOST incredible dig!!!!

Steve
Thanks sgoss66 Yeah my first year detecting I was in shock! I had a real nice high tone thought it was a silver so when I saw the clip and that a coin was attached
I did not dare to stick my shovel in the hole I reached in removed a handful of soil and saw the gold Indian head I knew right away I had my first gold coin!

sgoss66 said:
That is a great story -- AND in your first year detecting? I'd say that probably hooked you for life!!

Steve
Yes first year 2016 I use to detect years ago with my Dad 35 years ago my Dads 86 now and He's still detecting!

Mkus -- GREAT story about you and your Dad! It was about 35 years ago when I first picked up a detector also -- an old White's Goldmaster that was my late grandfather's machine. I was just a kid, and didn't know how to use it; found a few neat things but once the batteries died, I was too young (poor!) to keep putting all those batteries in it, so my passion for detecting went into "hibernation" until about 8 years ago!

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Mkus -- GREAT story about you and your Dad! It was about 35 years ago when I first picked up a detector also -- an old White's Goldmaster that was my late grandfather's machine. I was just a kid, and didn't know how to use it; found a few neat things but once the batteries died, I was too young (poor!) to keep putting all those batteries in it, so my passion for detecting went into "hibernation" until about 8 years ago!

Steve
Thanks Steve,
Cool story reminds me of myself I use to detect with Dad when I was 10-12 with one of his whites or an old compass machines lol
He’s now got a nox 800 loves it here’s a pic of Dad.