Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday hunt at Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

akelley

Hi All,
Sorry for my gap in posting, but frankly I kept hoping to find a silver coin or something worthwhile to post. Alas no silver but this past Saturday turned into a 7-hour detecting marathon at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I recovered 133 coins, including one Canadian penny, 1 wheat cent (1944 D), a copper ring, and one very heavy dog tag. I went to GGP again for a quick hunt and found my oldest coin to date, a 1924 S wheat cent. Fortunately I've found at least one wheat cent during my last 5-hunts and that's all the motivation I need to keep trying.

-Alex

Some days, if I find a Wheat Cent, that is a good day digging. Keep at it, the silver and older coins will come. HH...Jesse.

"Sounds like a fun time! Looks like you got some good stuff! What's that "SCK" thing? Anyway, GGP is old and freakin huge!! There must still be silver there for you to find, just gotta keep swingin! :biggrin: HH

"Whats that SCK thing" - well I think its a dog tag, and a very big, heavy one at that. The inscription reads "The Sak".

By the way - I've had some good feedback on how to improve my oldies count. One suggestion I'm going to try this weekend is to ignore signals below 6" in loose turf, and 3" in hardpan soil. After an hour or so my ears become biased toward the shallow, loud signals, and digging all them leaves less time and ground to recover the deep ones. Its hard to give up on clad, but I definitely want to find more silver and oldies than I'm currently finding. The proof in this idea will be in how many more oldies I post. I'll let you know.

-Alex

sharpshooter said:
FYI = "The Sak" is a brand of ladies hand bags.

Thanks! Did a quick search on their website, but didn't find anything as large as the one I found. Perhaps off of an older handbag that's no longer selling

-Alex