Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday hunt with Dr. Bill

tnvarmint

Went this Saturday to a new spot with Dr. Bill. He found this place not far from where he lives and we looked up to see who owns the property. I called the owner earlier in the week to ask permission to hunt the property. The owner was happy to give us permission. The house is an early 1900s home which now sits in the middle of a cow pasture. So Saturday morning we met out there to do some hunting. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time. We both had hoped to find a few more silvers but all in all it was better than sitting at home. Around lunch time the owner stopped by and we chatted for a few minutes. He was a great guy and we thanked him for allowing us to hunt the property.

After about a 6 hour hunt we decided to call it quits and get home to do some chores. Our finds for the day weren't exactly what we had hoped for but again any finds beats sitting on the couch. I managed to get 2 50s era wheaties, a 1941 nickel several other clad coins and an older Burger King token. Dr. Bill by far had the best finds. He did manage a silver and a late 1800s token along with another of those Burger King tokens. We both pulled out numerous hot wheels along with other toys.

Normally I would let Dr. Bill tell you all about his finds but this one I just need to tell lol. In the last picture you can see something shinny in the bottom of a hole we dug. This was his first target of the day and was along the old driveway. He had passed it up figuring he would dig it before we left. As we were headed out for the day he decided to dig it. He started digging and pretty quickly I could tell it was something odd. It was ID'n like a dime or quarter (12-45 to 12-47) and was only reading about 5 or 6 inches. Now let me tell you, Dr. Bill is not normally one to spend a long time digging a target...that's usually my area. After I saw him digging away on this one I figured I might need to come over and assist. When I walked up he was probably only 8 or 10 inches deep and the pinpointer was saying he was right on top of it. We both started digging and taking turns checking the hole and the dirt piling up to the side. Everytime we went into the hole it kept saying we were getting closer. Finally he scooped out a hand full of dirt and I think we both lost atleast 10 years as our hearts skipped several beats. There was something shinny at the bottom! We scooped a little more dirt out and realized it couldn't be a coin. It turned out to be what looked like the bottom of a fairly new soda can. Now how a modern soda can got 15 to 18 inches deep is beyond me.

I will say this though. A lot of the coins were at odd depths. I know we have all seen those modern clads deeper than normal or the older coins shallower than they should have been but it was way different than the norm here. Maybe it has to do with the ground being turned over by the cattle so much? Some of you guys that hunt pastures more can shed a little more light on this perhaps. Anyways I hope everyone enjoys the post as much as I enjoyed the hunt. We hope to return to this place again sometime in the future. Maybe we will have better luck next time!

Still waiting for my first ETrac silver coin!

Sounds like a fun hunt anyway.:)
Congrats:thumbup:

You're story would be way funnier if I didn't just "re-live" some of the experiences I've had...:stretcher:

Thanks for the story and congratulations on the finds. I appreciate the great pictures too! I think you guys make a great detecting team!!! :twodetecting:

NebTrac