Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday is for silver

dfmike

My first hunt of 2022. The ground is still partially frozen and snow covers most of it but I had a few hours to spend and I could find many spots without snow and some of these spots were diggable. Given the fact that the conditions were very limiting I didn't think that I would find much but I was wrong. After a few hours I came home with five silver dimes and a handful of old pennies. The dimes are from 1940, 1941, 1950 and the older design ones are dated 1936 and 1912 I think (very faded). The pennies were mainly from the 40's and 50's but I dug up a nice one from 1920 and a 1936 as well. I wanted a silver quarter badly but it didn't happen. It felt good to be out once more. Since the temps are expected to plunge well below freezing again, I will have to wait for a second chance to get that elusive quarter. I used the small 6" coil again with sensitivity at 23 and 5 tones. I started in all metal but couldn't handle the noise after a while so I rejected everything to zero like I usually do. Because the ground was so wet, the 6" coil was going unusually deep which helped me a lot. I found a few coins at 6-8". The ID wasn't stable but the tones were good.

Still liking my Equinox a lot. In all honesty it's been so good to me that I don't feel any need to switch to anything else at this time.

Attachments

• finds-march001.jpg
    finds-march001.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 86
  • finds-march002.jpg
    finds-march002.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 100
Super hunt indeed!! What are you running for recovery speed?

Pretty nice hunt under some unsavory conditions. Spring will give you some more ground to hunt when the snow cover is all gone. HH jim tn

Nice finds
Mark

Super hunt indeed!! What are you running for recovery speed?
Thanks. I've been using recovery speed 3 from the start. The place I have hunted ever since I've had the Nox is iron and bottle cap infested. I know that 2 or 1 should give me more stable ID's but maximum recovery speed is what I need in an area like this. It's worked great for me so far. I tend not to stray when I get settings that work.

If I hit the horseshoe button, the iron sounds are continuous and in most areas the bottle caps just about drown out every other target (third tone constant 12-16 range and even higher on occasion). This is where the Nox is most effective. So many other guys have been in these areas and left after awhile in total desperation leaving precious silver coins to be found. I know how they feel for having used lesser machines myself in these parts and coming home frustrated. I won't name these machines to protect the guilty but since I've first laid my hands on the Nox, all the other ones I still have are collecting dust. The Equinox seems to be naturally drawn to silver and coincidentally so am I.

I forgot to mention I was using Park 1 in my initial post.

Last edited:
Super hunt Mike, that silver quarter is still out there calling your name.
I know ! It's begging to be found and see the light of day again. :) I already mentioned in my previous posts that the obvious targets are all gone. I tend to find quarters in places where nobody tends to search. The last one I found was stuck into the roots of a tall tree. It was barely an inch from the trunk. Either that or in the thick brush where nobody with a standard coil can go. That's the beauty of having a small coil.

That sure is a good way to start it off. That was a a very good assortment.