Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturdays hunt at the old house..

JoeinMemphis

I used the 6" coil exclusively and I have to say, I really like it. Great separation! I still dug too much large iron from 10" down but got some interesting targets too. Among the junk was a hand full of square nails, a flattened copper cylinder about 4" X 2", some type of triangular piece of rusted steel, a bunch of coal I had to dig through to get some of the targets, a couple of Mason jar lids, one with the white glass still intact, washers, aluminum can slaw, and a Pfizer aluminum 2 piece inhaler etc... the goodies included a tea pot spout (thick and heavy) a 1996 penny, 2007 dime, 1999 quarter, and a depression era Mississippi tax token (aluminum). Also found was a cameo and chain from 4" (chain was broken 2" from the clasp and the cameo was missing, I sifted) research shows the company in business from 1919 to the mid 70's. It was marked 1/20 GF AMCO on a button on the back. I also found a brass doohickey that says "wick cleaner", still trying to figure that one out, so if anyone has any idea please share with the class. Still trying to find my first silver. Just about everything had a nail or something in the hole with the target, sometimes more than one. Another oddity I found with the 6" coil was a 6" dia pipe, heading straight down, the mouth of it was 11" below the surface. It was approximately 20' from the last well used on the property, so I am wondering if it was a previous well pipe. I just ordered the 17" coil from Big Boys, I am looking forward to seeing what it will do on the trash free areas.

Got to admit you got determination I hope the best for you on your quest for silver.

I'll find some or die of heatstroke trying, I bought my first detector in 1988, a Garrett MH5, and have been looking for that first piece of silver off and on ever since.
HH
Joe

Hey, send me my 17" coil so I can find all this junk 3' deep haha.
HH
Joe

JoeinMemphis said:
Hey, send me my 17" coil so I can find all this junk 3' deep haha.
HH
Joe
lol ME TOO!

Nice report, thanks for sharing.

What kind of depth are you seeing on coins? My one and only concern with the 6" coil is depth. I know it isn't an apples to apples comparison due to shape/size but the 6X8 SEF seemed to get almost as much depth as the stock on my E-Trac. So for 2X the money I'd like to get in that 7" - 8" range.

the wick cleaner is from the round type kerosene wicks. such as Aladdin and Rochester kerosene lamps. as the top of the wick got too hardened to burn properly you used the cleaner to break that hard stuff off to get to a good part of the wick.

Thank you very much, that makes sense! I wasn't familiar with the round style wicks.
HH
Joe