Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Save all aluminum

langsy

All companies that use aluminum cans Are saying theirs a shortage for aluminum due to the pandemic . Google aluminum shortage 2020 . Aluminum Scrap prices Are going to surge in price

I drink beer in bottles but then again prices go up I could maybe almost get free beer???? Lol

Are you saying that i should quit badmouthing the slobs who bury their beer cans on the beach and start appreciating them?? I have dug a many as 36 beer cans out of one hole where they buried them. I dig them to get them off the beach.

Not at all, litter is litter. I turn in aluminum on earth day cuz prices increased one day only. I was saying if aluminum goes up enough I’ll go out pick roadside for an afternoon and then go get my bottle brand.

I use to collect aluminum cans until the price went down to 45 cents a pound, I'd have my ranger packed full in the bed of my truck, take it to the recycling center and get 25$. I'd have at least 20 hours plus 15 large plastic bags invested in getting those vans to the recycling center.
Some guy from Michigan told me that in that state you could get 10 cents per can, now that's worth collecting.

Here in southern California we lost the major chain of reclamation centers. Anything left has huge lines as it is a major source of income for some people. How many returned cans have the virus on them too... i now give mine to a school and lose 40$ a month I used to get.

There was older guy on an ATV here years ago that drove the ditches. He had a homemade wire basket on back and he used a an old shortened shovel handle with a spike on the end. He simply drove along, spear a can and over his shoulder brushed the can into the basket. That basket was about 36” tall and took up the whole back rack. Every weekend he rode the back roads and a highway stretch near his house picking up cans. He took them home and dumped in his driveway and drove over them to flatten, then took a grain shovel and scooped them into garbage bags. The old guy bought a new ATV at year three..... No idea how much he made a year but three years, new ATV? He died a couple years after that, family adopted a section of the highway for litter pickup and continue on as a memorial.......