Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saw The Big Barber and Took Another Walk

floodplaindetector

Finds are from weekend hunts over the last 2 weekends. All finds were found at public sites with my Minelab Etrac.
The 1920 Walking Liberty is my 14th Silver Half Dollar of the year.
The 1910s Barber Half was pulled from a North Dakota city park a couple weeks ago. It was completely on edge in the hole and was giving me 01-45 numbers.
It was a big surprise to see that coin staring back at me. It has been a couple years since I pulled one as they don't come up often.

Toward the end of last week we got nailed with our first winter storm. Alot of The Dakotas and Minnesota were blanketed with snow.
I decided to head down to Iowa and hit some city parks and visited my brother while down there also.
The first day after the morning drive I was greeted with 50 mph winds so it wasn't a very pleasant day. Toward the end of the day, I finally got over a nice Indian signal. I pulled up a nice 1905 Indian.
I rechecked the hole and got another Indian penny range signal. To my surprise it was a 1907 barber dime setting on top of a 1891 V nickel. That was a nice old 3 coin pocket spill.

The next day I got an early start and was able to hit a few researched public sites. The 1920 Walker was in a very junky area. I was able to isolate a deep high tone in a tiny window in the garbled mess. It was about a 10 inch deep coin.
I also pulled a mercury dime, 1954 quarter, 1885 Indian and a couple buffalo nickels close by.

Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
1910s, 1920, 1973 Half Dollars
1954 Quarter
1891,1919, No Date Buffalo, 1934 Buffalo and a Few 1940s-50s Jefferson Nickels
1885,1899,1905 Indian Head Pennies
14 Wheat Pennies back to 1914

Other Finds
Old bracelet
Old flat tail spoon handle
Part of old Butter Knife (from a country school site my Dad went to in 1937)
Religious Medal
Old badge with Letter D
Personalized Medal (Carolyn)
Suspender Buckle
Old Ornate Silver Washed Button and other Misc Buttons
Piece of lead that has square stamps on it.
BarberHalfShortlyAfterFinding.jpg
BigSilver.jpg
AnIowaSiteFinds.jpg
BarberDimeReverse.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
NickelsAndIndians.jpg
Indian.jpg
Badge.jpg
ReligiousMedal.jpg

Finds are from weekend hunts over the last 2 weekends. All finds were found at public sites with my Minelab Etrac.
The 1920 Walking Liberty is my 14th Silver Half Dollar of the year.
The 1910s Barber Half was pulled from a North Dakota city park a couple weeks ago. It was completely on edge in the hole and was giving me 01-45 numbers.
It was a big surprise to see that coin staring back at me. It has been a couple years since I pulled one as they don't come up often.

Toward the end of last week we got nailed with our first winter storm. Alot of The Dakotas and Minnesota were blanketed with snow.
I decided to head down to Iowa and hit some city parks and visited my brother while down there also.
The first day after the morning drive I was greeted with 50 mph winds so it wasn't a very pleasant day. Toward the end of the day, I finally got over a nice Indian signal. I pulled up a nice 1905 Indian.
I rechecked the hole and got another Indian penny range signal. To my surprise it was a 1907 barber dime setting on top of a 1891 V nickel. That was a nice old 3 coin pocket spill.

The next day I got an early start and was able to hit a few researched public sites. The 1920 Walker was in a very junky area. I was able to isolate a deep high tone in a tiny window in the garbled mess. It was about a 10 inch deep coin.
I also pulled a mercury dime, 1954 quarter, 1885 Indian and a couple buffalo nickels close by.

Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
1910s, 1920, 1973 Half Dollars
1954 Quarter
1891,1919, No Date Buffalo, 1934 Buffalo and a Few 1940s-50s Jefferson Nickels
1885,1899,1905 Indian Head Pennies
14 Wheat Pennies back to 1914

Other Finds
Old bracelet
Old flat tail spoon handle
Part of old Butter Knife (from a country school site my Dad went to in 1937)
Religious Medal
Old badge with Letter D
Personalized Medal (Carolyn)
Suspender Buckle
Old Ornate Silver Washed Button and other Misc Buttons
Piece of lead that has square stamps on it.
View attachment 20885View attachment 20886View attachment 20887View attachment 20888View attachment 20889View attachment 20890View attachment 20891View attachment 20892View attachment 20893
AMAZING how an etrac can hit coins in trash....Well deserved coins in terrible weather.....
Thanks for the story and the post.
WOW !

Double Dang Doozie!!!!!!!

Nice weekend hunts again...and as mentioned, under much less then ideal conditions. I can say with a good deal of conviction, "I don't miss your weather!" You definitely are one with that Etrac, good hunting. HH jim tn

Nice finds Dave! Last year I had a similar find with a spill a v nickel a barber dime and a Indian all stuck together! At first I thought great a v nickel then I realized I had the spill…
Mark

Those were great hunt and exceptional finds!

The E-Trac is still a great machine that can sniff out the silver. I will never get rid of my E-Trac.

I now hunt with an Equinox 800 that can sniff out silver that the E-Trac couldn't see but I miss the fluty tones of the E-Trac.

Beautiful Barber half!! I am always amazed at the finds you make.

If you are comparing like age ranges there are more Indians (3) than real old nickels (1 V nickel).
I am sure it is still diggable out.

More old Nickels than IHs.

Just observing.

Did the ground freeze up before the snow hit? I was going to do some water detecting with the low water levels. I believe it will have to be postponed.

Chris

Thanks Jim! Yes that wind was brutal and it is still blowing.
Dave
Nice weekend hunts again...and as mentioned, under much less then ideal conditions. I can say with a good deal of conviction, "I don't miss your weather!" You definitely are one with that Etrac, good hunting. HH jim tn

Thanks Mark!
Yes, those old pocket spills are awesome. Just shows why a person needs to dig those deep odd tones as multiple coins skew the numbers.
Dave
Nice finds Dave! Last year I had a similar find with a spill a v nickel a barber dime and a Indian all stuck together! At first I thought great a v nickel then I realized I had the spill…
Mark