Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scoop question.

I have both , an RTG 6 and an Nuttall Diamondhead scoop. I'm sure I lost two earrings this weekend because of the large holes. I had the targets in my scoop. But, when I shook them out , nothing. I was too lazy to walk from neck deep water , to the shore to make sure I didn't lose the target. I might try adding some finer mesh to my scoops. But, my question is , who makes the scoop that looks like a sunspot stealth , but has the smaller laser cut squares in the whole scoop ? I know the stealth was redesigned at some point , with smaller holes in the lip. Is the one like I described the older sunspot model ? Thanks.
GL and HH !

No not sunspot Mike from MI makes/ sells them Be advised you will develop muscles you didn't know were there trying to shake out shells with the smaller holes Not a west coast scoop IMHO

I might give one a try. Kaptain cosmic sent me the info I was looking for. It's the pro stock scoop. Here's a picture. Looks like it'll be great for the small stuff !

You can accomplish the same thing by lining the inside of your scoop with whatever sized hardware cloth you like.

Yeah, I might try adding some mesh to my existing scoop first. But , I really like the design of this scoop !

Thanks !

Jason in Enid said:
You can accomplish the same thing by lining the inside of your scoop with whatever sized hardware cloth you like.

I got tired of chasing the small stuff. I did this to all my RTG scoops. The brown looking washer is actually a magnet. All the mounting hardware is stainless.

I'm not saying I get them all, but I retain a bunch more than I did. Plus the beaver tales on broken tabs, can slaw and all that stuff that had me wasting time looking in the sand. I have been doing some night hunting with a couple of guys. Chasing the little stuff around is hard enough in the day time. My 50 year old eyes just can't do it at night.

Very neat job Goodmore--just got my new 6" scoop and was pondering the thought of how to line it with screening--your pic just made up my mind--i got a 2" doughnut magnet at work and zip tied over a hole at the bottom--Florida Siesta key in two weeks

I had one of those scoops. They are built like a tank. After a while you think you are carrying one. That's my opinion. Gravedigger Max uses one. The guy must be strong as an ox. I truly believe that as long as you are in the water the pro stock is a great scoop. But I am in and out all the time. And when you are out it becomes heavy.

There is a great scoop in the developemental stage!

Watch for the Diablo!

[attachment 207655 DiabloScoop002Large.jpg]

I have a prototype and it is amazing and lightweight too in stainless and aluminum!!

GL&HH F5riends,

CJ

I saw it in some of Max's videos. OBN told me that it is close to being released. I really like the looks of it. I don't know about the wooden handle on the one Max is using. Something about wood just makes me think SNAP! But it looks like some serious thinking went into it. I would love one for next year. Maybe a Xmas present.

If you were asking me the aluminum gutter guard comes in a roll and most hardware stores carry it. It has a diamond pattern and is very easily formed inside your scoop. Ear ring problem solved. HH :minelab:

Hershey...... thats exactly what i put in mine yesterday. Just wondering if the sand will move thru it well enough thou.

Dew