Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen Defect?

5900_XL-1

Does your Equinox have this anomaly seen right in the center if the display? I just got my 600 yesterday and this bothers me on a new machine.

/var/folders/sd/xcf83vc97s92fft3dz6l41rm0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_3265.JPG

The link is not working...

5900_XL-1 said:
Does your Equinox have this anomaly seen right in the center if the display? I just got my 600 yesterday and this bothers me on a new machine.

/var/folders/sd/xcf83vc97s92fft3dz6l41rm0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_3265.JPG

You can't copy and paste a link from your computer or phone, you have to upload the image. Look above the text entry for the link that says "attachments: upload file"

Stupid question as I know your a long time savvy user..Is it the peel off protective cover maybe.. I know I know..You would have taken that off
But maybe ??

Here's a photo he showed me. Looks like Pacman is back...

600_1.jpg

It shouldn't be there......

If you have the factory display cover on it make sure you peeled off both sides of the cover. I had an issue with mine until I took off the outer layer. Good luck.

My 800 has it in the same spot. It comes and goes and is not visible when powered up.

Take a credit card or something similar and see if you can push the bubble out to the side. Its a little air bubble stuck between the cover and the screen.

stephenscool said:
Take a credit card or something similar and see if you can push the bubble out to the side. Its a little air bubble stuck between the cover and the screen.

On mine it is in the display itself... Nothing to do with a screen protector.

Look at the screen edge with a loupe or some high magnification, I'm willing to bet there is a screen protector on it from shipping and it is just an air bubble..... I had to remove two prior to installing my screen protector. One was the flimsy packing plastic and the other a more substantial protector......I had air bubbles on mine and thought I had a defective screen too.

Cliff

So is there normally a protector on it out of the box? I removed the thin plastic and installed the English protector and it came completely off an hour or two later.

cadman_us said:
My 800 has it in the same spot. It comes and goes and is not visible when powered up.

Mine stays in that spot, turned on or turned off. It can seem invisible when on, but it's still there if looked for. I consider it a cheaper manufactured LCD product. It should not be like that in a new machine. And to be clear, its there WITHOUT any protective cover.

I think there was one on the screen when I got mine so I m peeled that off , then I peeled a film off each side of the protector so all together I peeled 3 films off