Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SCREEN FROZEN

BIG G

hello was detecting other day for about two hours,stopped to make two or three changes,the screen froze,had to take out battery and put back in.detected for another three hours no more problems,the batteries were fully charged,has this hap pend to any body Else ? GARY..

It hasn't happened to me but remember the V3i has three different micro processors which is like three computers talking to each other and we all know how temperamental computers can be. If is happens again I would call White's but I would think it was just one of those things or you could blame it on the solar storm..............:devil:

When I was testing the V3i prototype I was making every change possible. I had a program that I could get to freeze. Dropping the battery would solve the problem. I could get it to repeat. I redid the program from scratch but could never make the exact changes to repeat the freezing. I would not worry.

thanks for the reply larry and rob,will be out monday i will see what happens . kind regards gary.:detecting:

UP DATE, done five hours to day,monday 12th no more freeze ups.:clapping:

my v3i has locked up three or four times in a little over a year of heavy use, dropping the battery always fixes it, no big deal i guess, unless it happens alot, usually happend when switching from single to multi alot. i wouldnt worry too much.

funny that this has kicked of again,in my garden to day switched on the v and pulled trigger turned its self off ,had to press on button again come on ,pulled toggle and turned off again,batts fully charged,happened three times,when it stayed on it was falseing all over the place,so i turned it off,have to investigate...:rage:

I have never heard of the turning on and off. If it happens again I would be sending it in. I have had 2 V3i and tested many more and never ran into this problem.

Definitely let White's know, they have been known to swap out with a new one in cases like this.

THANKS ROB AND LARRY,i will ring James at whites in Scotland in the morning,you say you have never heard of this happening before,well i suppose first time for ever thing!:sadwalk:

This started to happen with mine. It happened with multiple battery packs and I resorted to opening mine up and re-seating all the ribbon cables along with the ground wires. I also radiused the battery compartment contacts to allow more current to flow with more contact area. What ever it was these 3 things took care of it and I never had another problem. The weather is getting good and I am getting the bug again...:detecting:

thanks burlbark,i better not open mine still got a years warranty left on it....:thumbup: