Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen issue

rluka

CTX3.jpg

I was really excited back in 2012 when the CTX3030 came out. Back then there were no discounts so I paid full price. After a couple of weeks the screen went completely bonkers with the rainbow effect (I could barely see the numbers). It was replaced, no questions asked. A little while later all the screws started corroding so I had to send it in to get it replaced again. No big deal as I was a big Minelab supporter and they fixed it. Shortly after I got it back the screen started showing that same rainbow effect and I was told that its no big deal, just deal with it. Now I have seen at least three CTX3030s that do have any rainbow effect but I'm stuck with one. Yesterday I turned on the machine and as you can see....the right side is missing...And I have to pay to have it repaired because the warranty is over. This is not sitting well with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no issues with the detector....I have had a lot of success in and out of the water but the build QUALITY...give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take really good care of all my equipment...the detector still looks new and I have used it a lot over the years.
I have been a strong supporter of Minelab detectors even after I had the battery replaced and a bad coil replaced....Sorry for the rant but now I feel like I'm being brushed off to the side with a tough luck..get over it message from Minelab

What would you do right now? I could use some advice.

Ron L

Man that just sucks how long after they repaired it did it come back if it was a short period of time I would be pissed and even if it was 4 years I would still be pissed . Seems to me the original problem was not repaired right if they gave you a new screen then it should of lasted at least 3 years hence there warranty .sorry miss that part in your post

I still have a problem with the battery seal thing where the problem was from the get go and they at almost 4 years all of a sudden come up with a fix when most of the sales were in that 2012 time frame .so now all those people have to PAY for the new battery fix . Seems like good business to them saving lots of money sucks for the customer .:rage::rage:

I really don't know what I would do and I don't have any advice that's just bad customer service . I wish you luck and feel sorry for you . sube

Wow. That hurts just to think about....

I honestly am not sure what I'd do...and I guess I need to think about it, as one of my machines is already out of warranty, and the other only has a year left.

Sooner or later, that may happen to any/all of us...so;

I suppose I'd try calling and seeing if they have any kind of 'good will' gesture they'd be willing to do...based on the machines repair history.

If not, I'd try to get a ballpark estimate of the cost and then sit down and have a serious think, "Is it worth it?"

Whatever you decide, I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

mike

rluka said:
CTX3.jpg

What would you do right now? I could use some advice.

Ron L

What was the outcome ?