Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen Protector do they work (NO):rant:

TIM CLARK

Ok everyone here is what happened to me I had a screen protector on mine screen and I hit it with the digging knife . If you look in the first picture at the tip of the paper you can see a very very sight dent that was under the screen protector . . So the protector did work . But if you look at the second picture now I have got a big black spot . The detector works fine and in the third picture you can see the icon under the spot so in this area the detector still works great . So do I think a screen protector with (NO) . :rant:

That Stinks!!! I just got my CTX yesterday and was researching for some type of protector for the control panel. I guess I will cross that off my list. Are you going to send it in for repair?

Seriously? No plastic film will protect against a knife, large rock, sledge hammer or any other large sharp item from protecting your screen. Good common sense and practices will prevent you screen from being damaged. The light film that is being applied to our screens are intended to protect from sand, weeds with thorns, and branches.

I am going to send it in this winter to get it repaired I have in the past on other detector at one time hit the screen with the digging knife and nothing like this every happen I just wanted to show everyone what will happen if the screen get hit . :twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

GateKeeper said:
Seriously? No plastic film will protect against a knife, large rock, sledge hammer or any other large sharp item from protecting your screen. Good common sense and practices will prevent you screen from being damaged. The light film that is being applied to our screens are intended to protect from sand, weeds with thorns, and branches.

Please don't tell me you thought a thin film of plastic was going to protect you from a digging knife having impact with the screen.

The screens on ANY detector wasn't made to withstand the impact of a digger being slamed/gouged into it---screen protector or no.

Sorry your detector got damaged but a thin film is only there to prevent surface scratches. Hope they cut you a break on the repair.

I posted these picture to show everyone what will happen if the screen ever get hit . The one good thing is that the screen protector that was on there kept it from going all the way though the detector screen . The screen protector that was on there took about 99 percent of the impact . :twodetecting::minelab::twodetecting:

Thanks for sharing Tim. Maybe your tragedy will make us all a little more careful in the future. With that being said, you've been killing it in the field and water finding all those gold and silver rings. You might just have to DIG into your treasure chest to take care of the burden of repairing the screen.

Good Luck

Yep will have to sell a little gold and silver to take care of this . :cheers: