Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screen protector

Quake

What can i use to get that dam sticky crap off the screen protector after applying a new protector on it when you peel that red thing off it leaves sticky crap on it.
It just looks nasty seeing that crap on there, I used water didn' do to good.

I would recommend EXTREME caution with any type of solvent around your waterproof detector control head.

I did not experience this when I
applied my screen cover.
Not sure what would be the safest way to remove it.
Like others stated, I’d be hesitant about using petroleum products.
Maybe rubbing alcohol?

Yeah, the lettering will wear off easily - I did it using a Lysol wipe.

Anyone want to trade a foreign language screen protector for a English one?

Tony NJ

Jason in Enid said:
I would recommend EXTREME caution with any type of solvent around your waterproof detector control head.

+1
Plastics and petroleum based solvents have a bad history of undesirable interactions.

I am a little slow here, after installing multiple covers {10 or more} I have not experienced the sticky syndrome :shrug:
HH Jeff

Jeff------In your experience---when removing the screen covers--did they leave any residue at all on the screen?---Were they easy of "peel off" the plastic screen?-----The reason I'm asking---I have never taken one of the Minelab screen covers off & would like to know what to expect.------I have removed many screen covers from a manufacture I used that left absolutely no residue on the screen.-----Unfortunately, I am no longer able to get these covers.-------Del---------
laplander said:
I am a little slow here, after installing multiple covers {10 or more} I have not experienced the sticky syndrome :shrug:
HH Jeff

As weird as it sounds, peanut butter does a very good job of removing adhesive residue. Something about the oils in the peanut butter breaking down the adhesive. Google it. I've used it many, many times on almost every surface.

Quake
The Red cover is the first side to be removed, this is the side that goes on the face of the detector. The lettering should be face up and the sticky side toward the detector. Apply the protector, wipe the bubbles out with the cloth that is supplied. Step 2 remove the green side labeled step 2. If there is sticky under side 2 the green it is defective. My kit has 2 English and multiple other languages check them out.
HH Jeff

Try warming the adhesive with a hairdryer, and then pull it off with a piece of packing tape or something similar.

Maybe try Windex and a Q-Tip?