Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen Protectors

does that film help with the glare ?? or just protedtion

grouser said:
does that film help with the glare ?? or just protedtion

As soon as the detector arrived I put the protector on before trying the detector out.

The protector is quite thick and I do think it helps with the glare, even know its not advertised as "Anti-Glare"

I haven't noticed any problem-causing glare while detecting in direct sunlight or while in the shade...

aoyue,
Did you just cut one piece for the entire faceplate? Or did you cut out the screen portion and then add another piece to the buttons?

BarberDan said:
aoyue,
Did you just cut one piece for the entire faceplate? Or did you cut out the screen portion and then add another piece to the buttons?

Two pieces, one for the screen and one for the buttons. Even know I just did it by "eyeballing" it , it turned out really good. Everyone I show it to says "It looks like it was made that way!" If anyone used a template and xacto knife or high quality scissors you could make a perfect fit.

Compare reviews on the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Amazon vs the Z**GG - Amazon I think ArmorSuit is the winner.

I dont know why this thread was moved from the CTX 3030 forum to the General Interests forum. This thread is talking specifically about CTX 3030 screen protectors, not screen protectors in "General"

So it seems that some are just putting a protector on the screen, and others are also protecting the button pad?

When you put the protector over the buttons, do the buttons require more force to press and do the buttons respond equally as well??

weequay said:
So it seems that some are just putting a protector on the screen, and others are also protecting the button pad?

When you put the protector over the buttons, do the buttons require more force to press and do the buttons respond equally as well??

I can't speak for other screen protectors, but with the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield , you can't even tell its on the detector. The buttons don't reqiure any extra force to push, and the screen protector doesn't move around or try to peel at all. It really does look like its made that way.

Hope that helps.

aoyue2702 said:
weequay said:

I can't speak for other screen protectors, but with the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield , you can't even tell its on the detector. The buttons don't reqiure any extra force to push, and the screen protector doesn't move around or try to peel at all. It really does look like its made that way.

Hope that helps.

Got mine in today... went on easy and looks perfect. thanks for the link.

I had enough material left over to do both our phones and enough to re-do te ctx if i ever need too.

Be very careful using those screen protectors. If a corner of the screen protector begins to lift even a litttle, it will alow debri to get between it and the screen eventually resulting in a badly scratched screen. By the time you realize what is happening it may be too late.