Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen Protectors

weequay

While I wait for delivery, I want to order a screen protector.
What size phone screen protector fits the CTX--ie, iPhone 4S...
They seem to come in many versions: anti-glare, HD, crystal clear...
I have looked at Z--g, SGP Steinheil, and Generiks.

Does anyone have experience on size, properties, ...?

Thanks!

Heres, what I used for my CTX. It works perfect. Just cut to size. I covered my screen and buttons with it. It's enough material to cover the screen and buttons 2-3 times or just have extra for other devices.

Everyone I've showed it to so far says : "It looks like the detector was made that way"

The covers are made in USA and it looks like they will last a very, very long time.

It's the same stuff the miltary uses on the helicopter blades!

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Amazon

I used the screen protectors that I use on my iPhone got then a the sprint store just cut to fit. :twodetecting::minelab::thumbup:

richrider99 said:
Does it help with the glare or just protect the screen? What I need is something to help with glare.

I've not had any trouble with glare at all. Of course, I installed the screen protector before I ever turned my machine on for the first time, so I don't know what it looks like without one.

Aoyue
Did you cover the whole face plate with one piece.....or did you cut a piece for just the screen and then covered the buttons?
aoyue2702 said:
richrider99 said:
Does it help with the glare or just protect the screen? What I need is something to help with glare.

I've not had any trouble with glare at all. Of course, I installed the screen protector before I ever turned my machine on for the first time, so I don't know what it looks like without one.

richrider99 said:

The protection is not glare reducing. If you want glare reduction go with a iphone or the like screen glare cover (cheapest solution and effective).
If it doesn't specifically state it reduces glare, then don't buy it.

I have on on my CTX and before I put it on I checked. The difference in glare reduction was quite noticeable.

I got the Z--- anti glare shield for the iPad version 1. It was easy to cut to size and the texture is close to what the button texture is. I covered the screen and the buttons and have plenty left to cover the SE Pro..
HH Joe

I went to Walmart and for $5.88 I got a anti-glare, screen protector for an e-Reader. There is enough in there for four CTX screens. Since it is Static cling, I don't know how it will work in the water but for $6 I thought I would give it a try. I just came in from hunting in the sun and it worked good.

Are folks putting the screen protector on just the viewing screen, or the entire surface including the buttons?
(I haven't held the unit yet, so I am not sure what part of the surface is protectable)

I used a Z%&G for an ipad covered screen only it has held up at the beach and several long lake hunts. It was the HD clear HIGHLY reccommend it.

I was going to get the iphone 4s version, as I believe the CTX screen size is slightly smaller.
Am I correct, or do I need ipad size?

weequay said:
I was going to get the iphone 4s version, as I believe the CTX screen size is slightly smaller.
Am I correct, or do I need ipad size?

The iPhone 4 screen protector is perfect.

I tried covering the buttons, but the screen protector I got would not stick to the surface where the buttons are. Anyone got another suggestion?? PM me if necessary.

unearth said:
I tried covering the buttons, but the screen protector I got would not stick to the surface where the buttons are. Anyone got another suggestion?? PM me if necessary.

You need to get something that actually has some adhesion. The static cling protectors don't work correctly.

I posted early in this thread about the ArmorSuit Military Protector, it uses adhesion to stick on, and it removes without any resude.
The protector comes with the screen protector, a screen cleaning cloth, and a spray bottle with liquid that will allow you to move your protector around for a perfect fit before it dries.

Here's the link again in case you missed it.

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Amazon

When I put the protector on, The detector looks like it came from the factory like that :) Sorry for the crappy iphone picture. I cut mine with some crappy scissors and didn't measure or make any template, so its not perfect... but it still looks great and serves its purpose. Plus, I still have enough material left over to do at least 2 more protectors !!! Next time i'll create a template and use an xacto knife for a "perfect" fit
3442m4w.jpg