Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen quit working

Overvoltage

Has anyone had a problem with the screen not working? I just went to turn my detector on and it appears to be working and detecting fine but the screen has stopped working. Also when I plug the USB in it is not recognizing the CTX3030 on my computer. I checked the connector twice and it is solid. Any Ideas?

I have not... Sounds like it may have become disconnected. Hopefully Minelab will come through with a quick repair.

If you didn't disconnect the connecter then reconnect it, it's worth a try. Didn't you just get your ctx recently? Sorry to hear you're having problems!

I had that problem with mine 3 weeks after I bought it. I tried a reset and then the only button that would work was the ON/OFF one. I sent it in to ML and they had to put in a new processor and keyboard. I haven't had any problems with it since then.

Can't help,but wonder how much a new processor and keyboard would set you back when a CYX is out of warranty - of course, none are out of warranty yet, so I guess we don't know.

$2399.00???

Would be good to know.

McClod, I have had my CTX for almost a year. It has worked great until yesterday. Darin at Minelab customer service has been great so far, He said it sounds like a circuit card problem. He sent me an RMA for repair. I hope it does not take too long for the repair, I am already having withdrawals.

n/t

Overvoltage said:
McClod, I have had my CTX for almost a year. It has worked great until yesterday. Darin at Minelab customer service has been great so far, He said it sounds like a circuit card problem. He sent me an RMA for repair. I hope it does not take too long for the repair, I am already having withdrawals.

I understand that completely! Mine CTX suddenly decided it was permanently connected to a USB connection, yet wouldn't connect to my computer when I tried. It took 2 weeks for mine to be repaired.

I thought it was a 2 year warranty? May 26 was two years for me!
BCNJ
lytle78 said:
Can't help,but wonder how much a new processor and keyboard would set you back when a CYX is out of warranty - of course, none are out of warranty yet, so I guess we don't know.

it might be better for us to sell our current ones and buy a new one with a 17 inch promotion...I have about another 8 days until two years with mine..

I see a market for here for Minelab to consider offering an extended ($100.00 - $200) per year warranty plan - Can't see it happening, but hey, maybe they should think about it with all the faults that seem to be cropping up !

I'd go for it if they did on all the current detectors (705, CTX etc).

I believe if you check the warranty is 3 years.

BH_Landstar_ said:
I see a market for here for Minelab to consider offering an extended ($100.00 - $200) per year warranty plan - Can't see it happening, but hey, maybe they should think about it with all the faults that seem to be cropping up !

Yes from a product support point of view that would be ideal for us. But your comment got me thinking about the reality of Minelab being in the business of making money first and detectors second and this thought popped into my head: Minelab is honoring the warranty on our detectors as they should... but the flip side of that is, like lytle78 mentioned, think about the revenue stream all these detectors are going to generate for them after the warranties expire and we still have the same issues. In a couple years I can imagine these forums having topics about how much Minelab charged for this or that repair.

Bell-Two said:
I believe if you check the warranty is 3 years.

From Minelab Site

WHAT ARE MINELAB'S WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS?

Warranty Terms and Conditions [Extract]

2.1 Electronic control boxes (with the exception of the Excalibur*), Minelab branded search coils, handles, shafts, headphones, bags and battery chargers are under warranty for a period of 3 years (36 months) from the date of retail purchase as set out in the warranty registration card ("date of purchase"); [* The Excalibur is warranted for a period of 1 year (12 months) from the date of purchase.]

2.2 Batteries and all accessory items not listed in paragraph 2.1 are under warranty for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.

Here is link to fuller explanation of Warranty.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/warranty-registration/limited-product-warranty-conditions

McClod said:

Somehow my post got goofed up and didn't post and I just now caught it but was replying to Overvoltage, I had asked if he just recently got it and he had replied he had it for some time, guess I thought that because I remembered reading some of his posts on some cool finds, I hope you get it fixed up nice and quick OverVoltage. GL & HH

Don

Thanks McClod...I sent it in Saturday morning. I am going nuts without it. It really Su&$, now that I have finally become one with the machine, I have to send it off for repair. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones and not have any problems with mine. It has worked great for the past year. When I was a kid, I remember my Father explaining to me about buying cars. He didn't like power windows, or cruise control, or power door locks, etc... his reckoning was the more bells and whistles it had the more there was to break. Guess he was right. If you look at my signature block you will see I have a couple of really old Garrett machines. Guess what? 25+ years on them of hard hunting and neither has had to go back to the company for repair. The GTA500 and the ADS both still work like they did the day they were bought. I really use the Infinium LS in rough conditions and it handles it great. I really kind of expect that type of longevity/ruggedness from a detector. Especially one that costs as much as a CTX3030 does.