Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE verses cold?

bigjon

i have an SE PRO i keep in doors all the time,and tomorrow its going to be 28 degrees here just wondering what everyone does when they take their detectors out in the cold to keep condensation from happening, and bringing it back in,sorry if this ? sounds dumb but just wondering.any information would be greatly appreciated,thanks

I've had the SE for 3 or 4 years and have hunted in near freazing weather without any problems. I've done the same with my older Sovreign XS and it still works great...

Now that you bring the subject up, you might want to put an old wool sock or something of that nature over the control head to insulate more.......

Happy hunting.....................John

The method used with cameras, etc. is to put them in a plastic bag before going inside, and leave them in the bag until they reach room temperature. You could bag the control box. I've never had my SE out in below-freezing weather, and I store it in a cool dry area, so I haven't had a problem.

I hunt all Winter - as long as the snow isn't to deep.
I spoke to a Minelab tech a few years ago and I asked him about hunting in very cold weather.
He told me he hunt's in 10 to 20 degrees all the time and it's not a problem at all.

But ... damage to the machines electronics can occur from condensation - so DO NOT bring your machine into a warm house or put it by the heater in your car after a hunt !

At the end of every cold weather hunt - I put my machine back in the factory carry bag and wrap the control box and battery compartment with a terry cloth towel.
Been doing this for a few years now - never had any problems.

Good Luck !

i really do aprreciate everyones response to my ? i was sitting around the other day thinking about this and couldnt find any answers on the internet,and i knew that the good people on finds treasure forum could answer this ? easy,by the way i do read all the posts on everyones finds so when everyone goes out the next time i hope you a safe and lucky one,thanks