Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea Weed

dewcon4414

Ive had a few interesting hunts lately involving sea weed. We've had the Red Tide for the past 3 months..... now we have a lot of sea weed thats been pushed in from the high winds/waves laying in the bottom of the trough now. The sea weed really makes the Nox seriously chatty..... to the point you have to pay a lot more attention. Even reducing the sensitivity doesnt do much. I know some of the detectors i use dont like sea weed/grass that gets pushed in and buried. But i think the Nox is going to be even more sensitive.

Besides seaweed, I get a VDI of 1 with horseshoe crabs and sometimes I dig of clams that also give a faint tone thinking it is a deep target.

CCadrin said:
Besides seaweed, I get a VDI of 1 with horseshoe crabs and sometimes I dig of clams that also give a faint tone thinking it is a deep target.

Hahaha, that would be funny when someone asks what youre looking for and you truthfully answer "clams"

Sting rays do that here too. But....I think that’s one of the reasons some days I’m getting a lot of chatter near the hard pan....deep buried sea weed.