Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seahunter v CTX

Nauti

Anybody done a wet sand depth comparison between these two machines.I currently use a Seahunter which gets great depth but i'm looking at the CTX with its discrim advantage.I don't want to lose too much depth.......but it would be nice to lose some of the trash.
Thanks guys.

I personally haven't. You might mention whether your hunting salt or fresh water.
My experience is the Equinox slaughters the CTX in fresh water sand. JMO
HH Jeff

Guy, stays at the same hotel as me hunts the Ctx. Had it since shortly after it came out. Anyway when we met he had many more years of salt water hunting than me. This is what I can tell you. Between his experience and the Ctx, he definitely out classed me and my Infinium. I can say that, with his tips coming from experience he really jump started my knowledge on salt water hunting. He is the one reason that I've found what I have threw the years. Now his Ctx in his hands is a deadly weapon. It isn't a turn on and go machine (to me). It is a heavy brute. And can't be belt mounted. Another thing, couple years ago he lost half a season due to a leak. It was more the manufacturer's fault than the machine because I believe they didn't have anyone to repair it. I think that problem has been taken care of. Bill & his Ctx hasn't been wet much last couple years (shoulder problems) Conditions vary, main thing I would look into , the affect of the salt on the Sea your hunting on Vlf's. I got lucky, between around 3 experienced guys here on the forum and running into Bill , the Infinium turned out to be the perfect fit (for me) Six years of 3 months of hunting a year. No down time. That's huge.

Experience with a machine is a big factor. Me I would prefer the CTX over the Seahunter. When there is just a inch or so difference in depth I prefer a Discrimination machine. I have used both.

I would label the Nox over the CTX on that subject, but if your going deep in the saltwater the Excalibur. And using PP/Almetal hunting with the toggle or push button for switching between mods. DIsc/AM

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....87....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...137

Had the Seahunter 2, really bad detector. Loud, can't handle the surf, not a deep machine even when quiet and really not sensitive. One of the worst detectors I ever had. Whatever the CTX is, get that.

Had the Seahunter 2, really bad detector. Loud, can't handle the surf, not a deep machine even when quiet and really not sensitive. One of the worst detectors I ever had. Whatever the CTX is, get that.
You must have had a duff machine bud.I ended up getting a minelab etrac to do the trashier areas of the beach and have my seahunter to search the low water line and for wading.The seahunter is sensitive and very deep....too deep sometimes,it can be a right pain digging deep holes only to find the smallest piece of ferous material.However,if you want ultimate depth and want to search an area thoroughly without missing anything the seahunter is up there.

Last edited:
Sea hunter is a pi, correct? How low does the delay go?

Do a search on the phrase "garrett sea hunter mark 11 delay" You should find a discussion on a different forum (that I think I've seen you at) where this is discussed. I think the consensus is that it is a tightly held secret, but believed to be around 15 microseconds, maybe ... or at least between 15 and 20 microseconds.