Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Search modes

synthnut

The Legend has 4 different search modes, and various tweaks for each mode….Among these modes, I see that there is a park, and a field mode…Of the various modes, which mode do you feel goes the deepest given the same soil conditions ? What would make you go into “park” mode instead of “field” mode….I know from years of experience that nothing is etched in stone when detecting….You can always try different settings and/or modes to help with target recovery….I’m starting to lean towards purchasing a Legend, and will know better after the upcoming update…Thanks for your help….Jim

Im suspecting Field allows for a little height due to grass length or furrows in the ground. I now have 3 hours experience with the Legend vs a couple hundred on the F75. The way its written is a bit like Boost mode. Traditionally parks are fairly flat and fields not so much. Thats not to say one cant use either in a park area but at the same time one isnt really looking for relics in a more modern park. Clear as mud? Just my opinion.

The different Modes each have some differences in the signal processing & filtering. The User Manual is not nearly as informative as I would like. Park & Beach seem to have more filtering than Field. Goldfield the least. I use Park in modern trash, Field in iron trash. Goldfield is nice in cleaner ground. Beach is good in wet rusty ground. You just have to play around comparing targets.

In my ground Multi field 2 has showed to be the deepest..pulled lead several times with hole being couple inches deeper than pp.

I agree that the machine and various ground conditions need to be learned, but running other detectors I have found that you can run a program that was not designed for certain purposes does better than programs that were designed for that purpose…I thought perhaps there were standouts for some of you, like Joseph in Alabama….Thanks