Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

season premier of diggers tonite on tv

andrew9091

I know the show diggers on nat geographic channel gets a lot of heat.....I don't mind it tho.....the show american diggers I can't stand tho :) its so fake and unrealistic. Id rather drink bleach than watch those clowns.....diggers on nat geographic channel seems more fun to watch....I don't know. They just seem more like all of us.....those two guys. I like it. Tonite is the premier 10pm on nat geographic channell

Is this the two guys with all the "language" for everything they find. I've never heard anybody talk like that since I got into this hobby in late 2007. I'll check it out if I can stay up that late, I've had a rough day. Thanks for the reminder. I meant code language/ they use. Sounds crazy for me but if it works for them, go for it. You ever watch that ex-wrestler named Savage. The first time I watched it I was drinking some tea and he yelled Boom....Baby in a loud voice and then I was wearing my tea. He does his research and finds some good stuff and then gets a great price for it. But, he's a showman and the old wrestling instinct surfaces with quite a bit of drama. I just can't handle all the drama sometimes. They used to have this little lady on the travel channel and she went to some interesting places and she was cuter than a newborn puppy. But, she acted normal and didn't have the big head like some people do when they are on tv. I don't mean any of this in a bad way, they are just personalities, that's all.

I wander if Nat Geographic would send me to Amsterdam and do a show about an old fat guy who gets lost easily and nearly falls into canals. lol
All expenses paid, of course. I should of asked before Christmas. I'd take my metal detector and my scoop, tho. Wonder if they would let me detect around the coffeeshops. Bet there are lots of lost cigarette lighters in the ground.

Fongu, the travel channel show was "Cash and Treasures with Kirsten Gum" or something like that I believe. That show was much more realistic than any of the treasure shows on TV nowadays. It lasted 3 seasons, and had a different host during the 2nd season.

Yeah fongu I agree with u. Ur talkin about american diggers....boom baby. That show makes me sick. They planted all their findings a year prior then go dig it up. Itts so fake....all hobbyist can see that. I liked diggers last nite.....the episodes didn't focus on cost of what they found. All in aall I liked it....but yeah rick savage boom baby american diggers...ahhhhg what a joke that show is.

I learned a lot about this Country and where a person could go to find all sorts of treasures, not just metal detecting, fossils, emeralds, diamonds...A person could plan a vacation around the info her show contained.
Mud

Just an observation;
I don't know if I missed it but did they say that they were detecting sites
that would not usually be accessible to most detectorists?
They also didn't show them replacing their plugs.
I know they were just showing how exciting it is to make a great find but as
the commercial for contacts says this is an overly dramatic representation
of actual events.

Rick Fields
Tennessee

Those guys dig some large holes that's for sure. The lady Kirsten's show was great and I really enjoyed it. I liked her enthusiasm and honesty. If I was able, I would like to go to some of the places she went to, but it's all I can do to do a little dirt fishing a few miles from home. I'm blessed to do that count my blessings every time I get out in the great outdoors. I wanted to try some places up in North Carolina a few years ago when I visited a friend but we both were unable to go to some of the jewel mines around his location. HH.

Back in Xmas 2008 we took a trip to CA from TN taking the northern route through colorado, utah, and nevada. Up until we got past Denver we used the interstates, but then we started using the highway system through half of CO, Utah, and Nevada. One of the highways we took was US 50, also known as America's loneliest highway. While on Highway 50 we passed a sign pointing to the right down a long dirt road. The sign said "U Dig Fossils" I instantly remembered this as one of the locations were Kirsten hunted for aquatic life fossils in one of the episodes. The episode features her hitting rocks with a hammer to see if they contain any fossils.

We were in a hurry to get to CA, so we couldn't stop. Also, it was very cold in the desert in the winter.

HH and GL

They keep saying JOOOSE, I thought that guy got away with murder in 94. :goodnight:

Kirsten Gum had a great show and wasn't bad to look at either! Maybe her show wasn't sensational enough?
I guess the reality of these new metal detecting shows is that most of the viewer's have never detected before. So now they are seeing these guys running and screaming like they've just dug up a 20$ Gold Piece!
When was the last time you shouted to your Buddie that you have silver in the hole and they started screaming and running while diving through a Dog house the falling on their face while holding a detector? Last hunt? How about never!! Then to see one get tared and feathered like this is normal. Well no wonder we have this dark cloud over our heads.
If I was on any Cities Parks and Rec board and saw one of these shows - Let's just say that it wouldn't look good if the subject of metal detecting was brought up at a meeting. The fact is that the producer's of these shows wouldn't look at us twice if they went with any of us dedicated detectorists. Actually most of it would be boring. I understand these guys are trying to make the show exciting and out of the normal to hook viewers. But at what cost to the rest of us? Schools, parks, beaches or any public place may soon be off limits to some or most of us in the future? It's already happening!! What's it going to matter to the stars of these shows? Nothing because they will have their money and will laugh all the way to the bank.
I would venture to say that these - well, let's call them actors- make more money doing one show than most of us will ever make in a lifetime of detecting. I'm not saying they make as much as Honey Boo Boo either. But what happens when Honey Boo Boo goes detecting? I guess we already have that don't we...........

i understand ur point khouse and thats how i vew american diggers...with rick savage. I agree that show is damaging to the hobby and a joke.....but the show on ng diggers.....its different. its even different than their pilot episodes. Give it a try. you may like it. i dont see diggers causing any harm to the hobby at all.

I taped seveal of the shows and watched one. I'll give it another try though. My wife watched the show with me and asked me if I acted like that when I hunt with Bill_S? I laughed and said no, we're pretty boring....LOL. She said she was glad we didn't act like idiots out there in public...... But I will agree with you that this show has less of a negative impact than the Rick Savage shows for sure...

If these guys really acted like this before the show then I am embarrassed for them. I would hope that the producers come up with this crap? "Say guys how about you run stupid and crawl through a dog house then fall on your face after you jump in the air. Then get tared and feathered!" I would hope they would say? "You have to be joking?" Nope - and if you want the money you'll do exactly that!!!! Either way it's bad for the hobby :ranting:

I watched both episodes and I agree that they go way overboard but I enjoyed both shows. At least they made me laugh. I'd rather watch them than some of the other reality shows on TV. At least they are getting into some good sites and I don't think they are getting to keep most of the good stuff. If the ratings aren't good they won't last long.

Khouse,
I just wish I was able to run and jump. Diving thru a dog house would not be on my 10 foolish things to do list, however. The tarred and feathered scene is not my cup of coffee, either.
As a matter of fact, I have lost my list of 10 foolish things to do without getting beat up somewhere. Oh well, I'm not able to run and can't stand the thought of getting beat up, so I will just try and act my age.
I wish my family would watch this show and they would know without having to take it from me that I have more sense than I am given credit for. lol
You have to be wary of what you wish for, tho. It might not turn out the way you planned it. Case in point was made by our Pastor at church this morning.
Seems this fellow was driving thru the country on a dirt road about 30 mph and looked out the window and saw a chicken running beside his car. That's unusual he thought and speeded up to 40 mph and the chicken stayed right with him. He kept going until he was driving 100 mph and the chicken was side by side with his car. He slammed on braked to check this chicken out and the chicken took off across the field and he saw a farm and headed up the road to the farm. There was a man outside and he asked him: Did you see a chicken come across that field? Yes, I did he replied: I raise and breed chickens.
The man driving the car related his experience with the chicken and the farmed said; that's one of my chickens alright. My grandson likes drumsticks so I bred my chickens to have 4 legs. How do they taste asked the man and the farmer replied, I don't know. We've never been able to catch one.

It's better than the other detecting show by far. If they were to ease off all the kid stuff I might watch it? There are videos of kids finding their first ring and coins. They don't even act like that.... I also noticed that some of their coins came out of the damp black soil real dry as if planted... ? Maybe it's just me? Hey., I guess the Kardashians have their shows without one bit of talent at all. So these guys have Kim beat..

Just think how fast that 4-legged chicken could run with some Nike tennis shoes. Wiley coyote wouldn't stand a chance. Nice photo, sure could cook up a nice pot of gelatin and stock with all those feet.

The world is so weird. 1st the Diggers show then Chickens with 4 legs. What next? How about a former WWF wrestler with his own detecting show that uses Backhoes on private property without permission? Crap - just checked - it's already happened.....Do you really think Joe farmer would let us detect their yard after watching this? He would be stupid to do so! This is how the public perceives us now! Sad..................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8yHvwkSyU