Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seated #8 for 2012, complete spur, and a nice carved bullet

umrgolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Hy2kRB6Ig

I think the carved bullet is a Rook. 4 identical sides when rotated 90 degrees.

Very impressive. :clapping:

I think you've found the campsite ? At first, i thought that rook may have been some type of tompion but i guess not. Loved the spur. Great finds. cch

Awesome hunt, congratulations on the great finds! Have only found bits and pieces of spurs so far, no carved bullets yet and no Civil War era coinage on CW sites. HH.

Cajuncoinhunter said:
I think you've found the campsite ? At first, i thought that rook may have been some type of tompion but i guess not. Loved the spur. Great finds. cch

I think I'm very, very close... if i had been finding melted lead, dropped bullets, and buttons I would agree.. some type of small picket maybe??

nick1curtis said:
wow gj man. keep hittin that area and im sure you will find the rest!

what type of machine are you running?

Fisher Gold bug DP :detecting:

Very nice seated dime and spur. I've never found a spur myself, but I have a complete set still attached to the boots. They belonged to my Great Great Grandfather (Moses Reigel, nickname Mo) who was a member of the Union Cavalry. Along with the spurs and boots, I also have his hat and honorable discharge papers. They have been passed down through my family for 147 years now and I plan on continuing that.

Based on what you've found, you've either found the camp or are very close to it. It's truly amazing what you can find at a camp vs. the battlefields. Good luck and keep us posted on your future finds. Thanks for the video and taking us along.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
Very nice seated dime and spur. I've never found a spur myself, but I have a complete set still attached to the boots. They belonged to my Great Great Grandfather (Moses Reigel, nickname Mo) who was a member of the Union Cavalry. Along with the spurs and boots, I also have his hat and honorable discharge papers. They have been passed down through my family for 147 years now and I plan on continuing that.

Based on what you've found, you've either found the camp or are very close to it. It's truly amazing what you can find at a camp vs. the battlefields. Good luck and keep us posted on your future finds. Thanks for the video and taking us along.

thanks for sharing that! I bet Mo's stuff is in good hands :super: and I think the only right thing to do is to keep it in the family... I really wish I had something that I could attach to an ancestor being a part of something historical.

I went back today and my buddy got another spur, but a kid's spur this time.. he also got what I believe to be a civilian musketball mold. I have a hunch where the camp is located but we'll see. With several man-hours on the field and no melted lead, buttons, or dropped bullets, I'd say we aren't on the camp.