Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seated / Barber / SLQ / Semi Key Date V Nickel

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 3 weeks since my last post. All finds were found at public city parks, old schools and one fairgrounds. One of the city parks used to be an old horse track.
Minelab eTrac with 12x10 coil was used for all finds.
The surprise find for me was the 1891 seated dime. It was pulled at public city park and was a very deep (about 11 inches) target. It had a really low ferrous reading until I turned but had good sound so I chased it expecting a bigger target.
I did re-check the hole and there was nothing with it.
The coin was angled in the ground. The 1894 V nickel was found at the same city park @ about 8 inches.
The 1895 and 1928 quarters were found on the same day at different sites.
Was nice detecting in the cooler temps for a change.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
1971 Clad Half dollar
1895, 1928, 1936,1942 quarters
1891 - 1963 dimes
1894 (Semi Key Date) - 1921 old nickels, plus a few 1940s-50s Jefferson nickels.
1900 - 1907 Indian head pennies
Dozens of wheat pennies back to 1910.

Non Coin Finds
3 brass rings
Small Ford Lead part
5 cent drink token
1952 dog tax token
Pre 1900 bullet. 2 or 3 ringer.
1950s Small AAA pin
Homemade Throwing Star. Appears to be aluminum. Was about 6 inches deep
Camay soap token
Old Printing Plate
Handle from old razor
Various buttons, keys and other brass pieces
Group.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
SeatedObverse.jpg
Nickels.jpg
SeatedGroup.jpg
Sunday0830Finds.jpg
Rings.jpg
5CentToken.jpg
CamaySoapToken.jpg
TripleAPatrolPin.jpg

Weather IS getting more tolerable and the finds just keep rolling Dave! It’s quite amazing that a target can fall down the scale substantially when canted, it makes me wonder how many targets don’t get dug because the “90 degree sweep” didn’t match, or even come close. For ME...if it sounds good at an angle and falls 5-10 points at the 90.....BUT DOES NOT GO TO STRAIGHT UP IRON....I dig a hole. The chances of a coin being tilted or even straight up and down should increase the deeper it gets, I would imagine. No method is foolproof, but whatever you’ve got going on sure works! Very VERY nice additions!

Great fines all I can say is WOW. That tells you and everyone else that the Etrac is a great machine. One of the best out there. Congrats on all you fines. Jim

Finds are from the last 3 weeks since my last post. All finds were found at public city parks, old schools and one fairgrounds. One of the city parks used to be an old horse track.
Minelab eTrac with 12x10 coil was used for all finds.
The surprise find for me was the 1891 seated dime. It was pulled at public city park and was a very deep (about 11 inches) target. It had a really low ferrous reading until I turned but had good sound so I chased it expecting a bigger target.
I did re-check the hole and there was nothing with it.
The coin was angled in the ground. The 1894 V nickel was found at the same city park @ about 8 inches.
The 1895 and 1928 quarters were found on the same day at different sites.
Was nice detecting in the cooler temps for a change.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
1971 Clad Half dollar
1895, 1928, 1936,1942 quarters
1891 - 1963 dimes
1894 (Semi Key Date) - 1921 old nickels, plus a few 1940s-50s Jefferson nickels.
1900 - 1907 Indian head pennies
Dozens of wheat pennies back to 1910.

Non Coin Finds
3 brass rings
Small Ford Lead part
5 cent drink token
1952 dog tax token
Pre 1900 bullet. 2 or 3 ringer.
1950s Small AAA pin
Homemade Throwing Star. Appears to be aluminum. Was about 6 inches deep
Camay soap token
Old Printing Plate
Handle from old razor
Various buttons, keys and other brass pieces
View attachment 6921View attachment 6922View attachment 6923View attachment 6924View attachment 6925View attachment 6926View attachment 6927View attachment 6928View attachment 6929View attachment 6930
Very nice haul!

Very nice Dave! This is a good time to ask this question...With the 12x10 coil what are you seeing for an increase in depth? Thanks! Ted

FULL SEATED LIBERTY.......OUTSTANDING FIND !

How many get that....I never have...not even on my half dimes !

Thanks for posting Dave !

Last edited:
Great insight into the coin position effects IDXMonster and thanks for looking.
Dave

Weather IS getting more tolerable and the finds just keep rolling Dave! It’s quite amazing that a target can fall down the scale substantially when canted, it makes me wonder how many targets don’t get dug because the “90 degree sweep” didn’t match, or even come close. For ME...if it sounds good at an angle and falls 5-10 points at the 90.....BUT DOES NOT GO TO STRAIGHT UP IRON....I dig a hole. The chances of a coin being tilted or even straight up and down should increase the deeper it gets, I would imagine. No method is foolproof, but whatever you’ve got going on sure works! Very VERY nice additions!

Hey Ted, what I can tell you is the 12x10 seems every bit as deep as the 12x13 tornado so far and I feel like I can get a little better separation next to iron.
It seems to hit very hard on silver also. That seated dime was a decent repeatable signal pushing 11 inches deep in auto+3.
Dave
Very nice Dave! This is a good time to ask this question...With the 12x10 coil what are you seeing for an increase in depth? Thanks! Ted

Thanks Elmy!
Earlier that day I went to a 1900 house permission my wife got for me.
Right when I arrived and looked at the yard, I could tell everything had been filled and re-landscaped.
I found one wheat penny, bunch of junk and got chewed out by the home owners roommate as the home owner forgot to tell him I was coming to detect at that time.
After I explained, I gave the lone wheat penny to give to the homeowner and took off.
I was so disgusted, I headed to a very old city park that was the site of an old horse track, intent to get an old coin to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
I didn't get to that park until about 3 pm but that deep seated dime and others there made my day.
Dave

FULL SEATED LIBERTY.......OUTSTANDING FIND !

How many get that....I never have...not even on my half dimes !

Thanks for posting Dave !

Hey Ted, what I can tell you is the 12x10 seems every bit as deep as the 12x13 tornado so far and I feel like I can get a little better separation next to iron.
It seems to hit very hard on silver also. That seated dime was a decent repeatable signal pushing 11 inches deep in auto+3.
Dave
Thanks Dave! I wouldn't mind one for my SE...Got to wait a bit as funds are a bit tight. Thanks bud!