Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seawater advice

Aaron

Hey guys,

I haven't ever used my CTX in the ocean yet, but have logged many hours in the fresh water. I'm looking for some tips for settings as I'm finally getting a chance to get out of the cold and go down to Florida in a few days. I guessing most people run a wide open screen and sensitivity as high as possible. I have the new seawater software installed and I really love the new pinpoint lock feature now.

Thank you

Aaron

I set mine on beach mode with seawater engaged and ran my sensitivity as high as conditions would allow. If you want open screen just hit your detect button. The larger shaft in the water will help you with a slower swing. Have a good scoop and good luck. Lots of things to look at down there right now so stay FOCUSED :rofl: HH :minelab:

when i went to the beach here in r.i.,the day i got mine i put it on beach before i even downloaded the seawater update,and i loved it i found 3 silvers and a silver name bracelet,and i know where i got the coins,and that place has ben killed,(very public first place anyone in the area runs with every detector weather its a radio shack or minelab,,,HH

I haven't used the CTX-3030 on the beach yet, but I do plan to do it one of these days. One feature that was a pleasant surprise was the Pitch Hold in the Response menu.

When Pitch Hold is selected, the normal rise-and-fall target signal is replaced with
a continuous tonal response. The tone emitted is the strongest signal coming from
the target, and will continue until a new target is detected.

As an Excalibur user, I can tell you that this is a great feature on windy beaches. Sometimes the winds are so steady that the threshold becomes inaudible. The only way to hear targets is when the pitch changes as a new target is encountered. I would probably only use it with the profile type set at 35 or 50 tones.

I would also recommend running in Low Trash setting.
The I.D. is more accurate on deep targets on a salt beach.

Just my opinion.

Ken