Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second oldest find with the V3i....

Took the V3i out for a quick lunchtime hunt. Found a nickel in the sand at a volleyball court, and then headed out to the open fields. I have been using the mixed pro stock program with a few tweaks, as it has really seemed to be very responsive and accurate for me. Ground balanced and away I went, I wasn't getting any targets, just an occasional piece of iron.

Then it squealed with the high pitch beep in my right ear....scanned it, analyzed it....thought it may have been a wheatie...so I pinpointed it and dug the target at 7 inches. It is an 1800's Indian Head Penny. The last two numbers in the date are corroded and unreadable and the coin is in very bad shape, however you can still see part of the shield on the back, as well as read the words "one cent" the head on the front is also corroded pretty badly, but you can make it out if it's wet and you get the right angle and the right light. It's the second oldest coin I have found with the V3i.

I also had several repeatable quarter signals at 11-13 inches, but I was short on time, and didnt have my shovel, just my hand digger.....so I will go back and investigate those targets another day....I think I may have stumbled onto an area that may produce some good finds....and possibly my first silver coin....as that milestone still eludes me...but I am getting more confidence in this machine, and learning a few tweaks that seem to be helping.

LittleJohn

You have a start on your own tribe of Indians.......:clsoedeyes: Good luck on on those deep quarter signals.

I just got a text from John with a picture..he'll be sharing some good news soon :clapping:

[size=x-large]First silver coin finally today!!![/size]

1942 Mercury dime at 7 inches with the V3i. Also dug a 1941 nickel and a bunch of clad. I am starting to like this machine!!!!

001-4.jpg

Congratulations John, welcome to the silver club.