Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second time out with the Nox 800 and got some Silver!

Dan'O

Today I was able to hit the same home that was demo'd were I found the toy .45 auto and hunted the curb strip and a small section of the front yard.
Three silver dimes, a war nickle and a buffalo were the prizes of the day.
We used some creative lighting and a second pair of eyes and think the buffalo is a 1920. The 1931 Mercury is sharp and crisp with hardly any signs wear at all.
The 9 wheat pennies at the bottom range from 1917 on.
The buckel is heavy and appears to be brass but it is silver in color on the back side.
The small round object appears to be a BB but was ringing off in the 20's one way and was about 2" deep.
The read piece rings off low and may be a piece of brick.
There was a fair amout of copper junk and about half a donzer ring pulls.

My settings were:
Park 1
50 tones
Reactivity of 2-3
Iron bias of F2 2-4
Sens 22-25

The varied settings were due a patch of ground, about half of the sidewalk strip, that was hotter than the rest of it.

Looks like we might get some snow the next couple of days so this may be my last hunt of the year.

Nice finds it’s a great machine the nox I did alright with mine.
Mark

Great finds - especially with a new machine your just learning - well done !

From everything I've been reading ... it sure seems like there's a lot of happy NOX users out there !

Good Hunting !