Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second Wave of Shipments?

Gurnitz

I see a lot of people receiving their new machines from the first wave of shipments congrats! I am just curious has anyone heard anything on new shipments coming into the U.S I ordered from KellyCo..?

My dealer says this week his second round he is getting 1 unit. There first 1 was the store demo in the first round of shipments. I hope to hear from them this week i'm number 1 on there list. So 2 shipments 2 detectors. Wonder where all those Equinox are hiding. At this rate it could be a long summer.

Can't mention names since they aren't a forum sponsor but they show the 800 and 600 "in stock for online orders" at at least one big box sporting goods store. Delivery in 4-7 days. Of course you won't get any 15% military discounts... and you pay tax... and shipping. Says they ship direct from the manufacturer.

Received an email from kellyco this morning stating they are receiving shipments from minelab. They will ship preordered detectors as quick as possible

mrbobby said:
Received an email from kellyco this morning stating they are receiving shipments from minelab. They will ship preordered detectors as quick as possible

That's good news. I haven't heard anything, you must be before me on the list. I ordered early Oct.

Sounded like that email could be taken several different ways, including that they are talking about the first 6 they said they got. Always pin your information sources for Exact information if you can.

coherent said:
Can't mention names since they aren't a forum sponsor but they show the 800 and 600 "in stock for online orders" at at least one big box sporting goods store. Delivery in 4-7 days. Of course you won't get any 15% military discounts... and you pay tax... and shipping. Says they ship direct from the manufacturer.

Coherent,

You're right.

I went to one of my favorite Outdoor Stores, they also have an ONLINE store and YES, they have Equinox 800's and 600's in 'online' stock. I selected one, put it in the basket, filled in the FREESHIP code so there is no shipping charge. They added Sales Tax for Utah (We have two of their Stores here in Utah in my area). It said they'd be shipped directly from the manufacturer in 4-7 days. All I needed to do was put in the credit card and push go and I wouldn't be waiting until the end of March or whenever Minelab says they will try to have their 'pre-orders' filled. :clsoedeyes:

There you go folks, No Waiting.

Perhaps, since they are a dealer for Minelab, they too get 1 or 2 Equinox's per store. They have 82 stores in the US and Canada. That's a lot of Equinox 800's and 600's.

Rich (Utah)

That store has now changed that status and they told me the orders that were placed will likely be changed to backorders.

coherent said:

That's good news. I haven't heard anything, you must be before me on the list. I ordered early Oct.

I got the same email. My order was pit in on Feb 14th.

undrpar said:
That store has now changed that status and they told me the orders that were placed will likely be changed to backorders.

undrpar,

You're right, I just went and checked; the 800 and 600 are now NOT AVAILABLE in the online store. I guess that I feel better now that there appears to be some point to WAITING in pre-order queue for 5 plus months. It would seem inappropriate for Minelab to open up a FAST PASS lane to new buyers when they have customer's that have been waiting for an extended period of time.

I've ordered my Equinox from one of the Sponsors here on Findmall. I've had very good experiences over the years with several of the Findmall sponsors for detectors, parts, and accessories. I recommend that you talk to them if you're considering a detector purchase. Always let them know that you're a Findmall Member when you call. You might find yourself getting a much better deal ($$) than you're going to get simply going to an online website, tossing a detector in your shopping cart and pressing Check Out.

Rich (Utah)

My dealer got one but kept it for demo. Is getting second shipment in Friday but he thinks only one detector and my buddy is getting it. He will loan me his demo 800 for my relic hunt trip in two weeks. Minelab distribution center could care less about being fair on qty each dealer gets and minelab could care less too. Screw the little guy dealer. This trickle of shipments is ridiculous.

If the small to mid size dealers are going to get just 1-2
Detectors every 2 weeks it's not going to cut it. I'm beginning
to think Kellyco finally getting a batch because their preorder
backlog is like over 200 units and they must be lobbying
Minelab very hard. Still there are quite a few mid size dealers
with dozens waiting. I'm waiting since October 8 at #7 now
and I dont want to wait till late march. I want it by mid march
at the latest. Good luck with yours.

I am waiting from Kellyco since 25 September. I have not heard a word yet. Just that they will ship as soon as possible.

The dealers have no control. Since Kellyco has received a lot of bashing from many websites it would appear they are not getting what they would like but on the other hand this is a worldwide release for Minelab. I have read people in Australia are waiting and Minelab has a manf facility in Australia.

My dealer assured me Minelab will have all the pre orders complete by the end of March. He said he has had a few cancellations and I moved up the list. He told me he don't like doing business like this but has no control. In the past I have ordered out of stock items and expected to wait a cpl of weeks and I had it in the same week.

I waited before I pre ordered mine and instead of waiting 5 months or more I will wait no more than two months. Pre pay or not those that pre payed are supposed to get preferential treatment but we will never know. I actually believe 1st order in 1st order out and dealer distribution will be the same way and that's why some of the small dealers get a few.

Those of you that are looking at Cabela's might look at Bass Pro Shops at the same time since Bass Pro now owns Cabela's.

My buddy talk to his dealer and he said march and hes number 2 on that list.

As I read all the reports about shipments I can't help but wonder how many of these machines Minelab can assemble in a single day. Anyone have any idea?

RichW said:
As I read all the reports about shipments I can't help but wonder how many of these machines Minelab can assemble in a single day. Anyone have any idea?

From the looks of it, I guess 2

Sorry for mentioning a big box store by name. Still pretty new to forum and forgot the rules. So that said, I saw a large store got their allotment on Tues. Their second. Has anybody heard from their dealers ? As to when and how many they will be getting in the next shipment.