Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

See through.....nonsense

TheMarshall

[size=large]The term "See through" in relation to 'seeing through iron', should be banned from metal detecting vocabulary.

There is no induction balanced metal detector made, with such a capability.

The correct term where applicable, is to DIFFERENTIATE, referring to 'spatial separation differentiation'.

TheMarshall[/size]

n/t

Our new state of the art detector SEES THROUGH IRON

or

Our new state of the art detector has spatial separation differentiation

[size=large]Today's world is epitomised by advertising which exploiting the gullibilities of folk.

Your reply indicate that you may condone, or accept it as legitimate.

Well, the law offers people the option of challenging such practices.

Once people are made aware, they then at least have a choice as to discover what is fact or fiction.

So Rover....the stage is yours, explain how you can justify saying, "a detector 'sees' through iron".

TheMarshall[/size]

p.s. May I say that is one of the reasons I admire WHITES, USA., for as far as I am aware, they have never exploited ignorance to sell their products.

I have a stutter and it's easier to say see through than ssssssppppatial sepsepseperation ddddifdiferenentiation! No harm no foul. lighten up.

I can use this certain machine to do this and I assume it is a type of wrap arround effect.It will give a good signal on the dime at good distance and the dime can be up inside the crown part of the cap but not quite touching it or the dime can be placed 1/2" below cap. Without the dime the cap does not even make a peep....

TheMarshall said:
p.s. May I say that is one of the reasons I admire WHITES, USA., for as far as I am aware, they have never exploited ignorance to sell their products.

Head over to youtube and search whites detector commercials, and watch some of those ..... If I were I newbie considering getting into the hobby back in the mid 90's thru mid mid-2K... I would believe with a whites machine that Id be able to 1) see whats in the ground before I dig. 2) find Morgan dollars, walking halves, gold coins, gold jewellry 3) lose weight and last but not least ......drumroll please ..... 4) have a wife thats happy about my hobby !!!!
Well yea they all certainly ARE possible, but could be quite misleading to someone who doesnt understand the hobby, or is willing to put in the time to make those types of finds.

The same way you can "cut through the fog" or have you "standing on the fence" It's just a descriptive term meant to simplify the understanding of the ability to detect good targets among trash. I'm sure most people don't believe a detector can actually literally see through iron as if it were glass.

You really need to lighten up Kurttam and not take our written words so literally. We are metal detectorists not students in English literature. Posts like this is what got you banned in a couple of other forums.

:thumbup: Right on Larry!!!
Larry (IL) said:
You really need to lighten up Kurttam and not take our written words so literally. We are metal detectorists not students in English literature. Posts like this is what got you banned in a couple of other forums.

[size=large]i for one didn't see where the practice was being accepted. more like acknowledged . and as was brought out, whites does it also. it's call word art and is designed to misslead the person in there thinking. it's up to the person to train themselves to see " through " the deception and realize the facts. your hate for these practices may be shared by millions but it won't stop the ads. save yourself some grief , marshall , and know you and others see through it. some won't. they'll still buy chevy or fords based on the ads not on real facts. thanks for trying though.

HH[/size]

I totally agree with you Ray Mo. about the detector you are talking about as I have yet to own one that can do that little trick with a rusty steel bottle cap. And even with the bad weight and balance I will never get ride of mine even if I can only swing it 2 hours at a time.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

That is because both targets still are in the same " field ".

Metaldetectors dont send out a beam that stops on the target but has a constant field that is all around the objects and far under and above the coil.

To me its not differensiation but rather the sum of adding the total target signatures of two targets. Since it is a pesky bottlecap that always is on the edge of breaking through the disc setting a coin adds easily to make the total above the tresholds.

I dont think a metal detector can differentiate between iron and silver as they read them both or many at the same time.

If you have a dime completely surrounded and enclosed in nails buried all around it the ferrous is in majority and the dime is invisible.

If you have one small nail on the surface and a dime at 8 inches the nail is very visible to the machine and will count 9 in a math addition and the dime will count 1.

The result will be Iron ID.

If you have a dime at 6" and a big nail at 11" the dime will count more then the nail and the ID will be Nickel.

So I believe it is not see through and not differentiate but the electronics result of a mathematical addition and subtraction question based on advanced graphs including metal signature strength from various depth added to one single answer subtracted from the ground setting.

So when You think further into this and look at iron discrimination settings you will see that the key is to have a low level iron discrimination but still an engineered sound type that makes you hear the iron. If it is only iron you will hear it.

If it is iron close to or above or below a desired target your LOW iron disc setting allows some of the iron to count in on the dime math addition. And you get a BLAM signal.

The key to the XP formula is this. Very wide and user selectable iron disc system combined with heavenly sound options.

Interesting bfodness. Makes me wonder about the different approaches, electronically speaking, between say the Deus and an E-Trac. The latter being no where near as fast but able to operate quite well with high discrimination and the Deus being oh so fast but apparently requiring very little discrimination to potentiate it's unmasking abilities.