Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sef 18x15 coil

mas0n83

Hello everone,I recently purchased a sef 18x15 coil to try out on my v3i.And sense i cant hunt here in central ohio right now do to the weather :rage:(highs in the teens and about 10 inchs of snow on the ground) I thought i would do some air tests compairing the 18x15 to the sef 10x12 (i use the 10x12 95% of the time) I live in the middle of town and the emi in my house is bad even with the main breaker off in the house I can't run the V3i very hot.The best i got with no falseing is RX 6, DIS 75,in the 7.5 single frequency runing a modified high pro program.So thats were i did my tests(i could get the 10x12 to run a little hotter but i used the same settings on both coils) I tested a silver quarter,silver dime a weat penney and a 14k womens ring.I have not used the 18x15 in the field yet but i think it will be nice for open fields or sites that have been hammered. It is heavy but it is well balaned also seems to pin point well in air tests for a big coil.Here are My results Thanks for looking guys happy hunting :detecting:

10x12 / 18x15

25c / 11in / 14in

10c / 9in / 11in

1c / 11in / 11in

14k ring / 12in / 14in

The problem wth air tests is it doesn't take in account the ground minerals. A larger coils has to content with more minerals under the coil and will affect the depth they can achieve. The larger coil will be better for larger targets but loose some on coin sized targets.

Good luck

Thats a mighty big coil ya got there stranger!!! Lol lucky for you that Arnold s would be jealous of ur arms!! Lol. You still have snow where you live?? Im 7 miles away and its sunny and 70 here!! Wtf.

If your ground is clean you my get good results with this coil but to many targets under your coil and bad ground will make it hard to get good depth.
Good luck .

Most of the people I have talked to about the 18X15 say it is very heavy and in actual use, gets no deeper than the 12X10 on coin sized objects. I think the manufacture says it is best used for cache hunting, but since you already have one, good luck and keep us posted on how it works in the ground for you.